Omg do I need moisture or protien!

FlawedBeauty

Can someone help. I know that when hair is wet and mushy feeling you need protien. Whereas, dry brittle hair points to moisture. Problem is when my hair is wet it feels mushy, pointing to protien. But when it dries it feels dry and is knda brittle like it needs moisture!!! I've tried the aphogee and it still has that kinda too soft mushy fel when wet. What say you?!

I would use aphogee and a deep moisturizing conditioner(Keracare, Humecto Nexxus Humectress, ORS Paks,AO Honey Suckle Rose,Kenra MC) under a dryer. I would also try a leave in conditioner treatment.

I would prepoo with coconut for a few hours, was scalp with diluted moisturizing poo, mix an egg in a conditioner put that in hair leave on for 15-20 min no heat rinse in cool water, then follow up with a moisturizing DC steam if possible, rinse, do ACV rinse apply leave in.
If your relaxed I would skip the mix egg with conditioner and do an plain egg rinse in the shower.
HTH
let us know what you decide doing and what helped your hair.

Thanks ladies. I'm relaxed. Its just so bizarre cuz how my har is when wet points to me needing protein but when is dry it def feels like a moisture issue.

I think the issue here could also be the porosity of your hair vs. moisture protein balance. If your hair feels mushy when wet then brittle when it is drying you may have porous hair where moisture flows in and out too easily. However if you want to check your hair for both possible ailments you should do a strand test to see what the problem is.
Moisture vs. Protein
Take a hair strand and pull it at both ends if it breaks easily and feels dry it needs moisture
If the strand stretches and stretches then breaks it needs protein.

and here is a link to a curlynikki article on porosity and the strand test
http://www.curlynikki.com/2011/02/so-fine-natural-hair-part-3.html

Sorry didn't mean to write a book, lol.

Yeah, I'm thinking this is a porosity issue. :yep:

Do you have any French Perm or Porosity Control on hand?

I think you might need protein, if your hair is really mushy when wet. As far as it being dry and brittle when its not wet, you need a good moisturizer. If you already have a moisturizer that you're using, you might need to stop using it to get a better one, that moisturizes your hair more. I also agree with BlackMaven, using a reconstructer like Aphogee followed by a moisturizing conditioner, should return your hair back to normal.

Seems I have low porosity? My hair strand just floats foreeeeeeeeeeeeeever! I have Roux Porosity stuff. No clue how to use it tho lol

@FlawedBeauty - if your clean hair (no product should be on the hair) floats forever, you might have low porosity, as does I. As I understand it, Roux PC is not for low porosity sufferers as it closes the cuticle more, which is not what what low porosity sufferers need. My hair flourished after stopping Roux. However, my low porosity hair does not feel mushy when wet.

Last edited:
Back