OMG Chelating / Clarifying a Godsend!

empressaja

I have been having the worst hard hair issues and nothing would get my hair to a moisturized state well I was thinking maybe its due to build-up I live in Florida the water is very hard and I BC'd a couple of months ago down to a twa and then telaxed with lye to fight the frizz. I was reading the threads on chelating &/or clarifying and thought that it might work so I went to Sally's and purchased ION Clarifying Crystals and followed directions and left it on for about 25 minutes with heat. When I got out of the shower my hair felt so different no mush no hardness I could feel each individual strand and the were smooth feeling. I could never use gel cause it would make my hard feel hard something awful. Today I used proclaim activiator gel and my hair dried soft. Halleluyah! Off to find a solution for my ailing skin. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

I have been having the worst hard hair issues and nothing would get my hair to a moisturized state well I was thinking maybe its due to build-up I live in Florida the water is very hard and I BC'd a couple of months ago down to a twa and then telaxed with lye to fight the frizz. I was reading the threads on chelating &/or clarifying and thought that it might work so I went to Sally's and purchased ION Clarifying Crystals and followed directions and left it on for about 25 minutes with heat. When I got out of the shower my hair felt so different no mush no hardness I could feel each individual strand and the were smooth feeling. I could never use gel cause it would make my hard feel hard something awful. Today I used proclaim activiator gel and my hair dried soft. Halleluyah! Off to find a solution for my ailing skin. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

OT: but is that your lil' one in the pic? Too cute! How is nursing school sweetie?

Last edited:
That treatment is great!!

I used Kenra clarifying shampoo with every wash but it must be just a mild chelator because every 2-3 weeks I need the ION treatment.

I swear it seems to make my hair stronger and it does not even have protein in it. I think the mineral build up from my water just makes my hair brittle and breakage prone.

I heard about it it, as well. I did not want to try it for the longest time, but DLewis mentioned it once so I decided to give it a try. It is really great after I relax my hair. I can tell a difference.

AND it is sulfate free! - not stripping and dryness!!

Clarifying made me fall in love with my hair all over again. I do it twice a week with Suave and once a month with the ION. Best thing I've ever done for my hair :yep:

Back