Omega Fatty Acids

Leshia

Has anyone heard of these softening new growth? I believe I relaxed about 8 weeks ago and I nowhere near need a relaxer, which is very unusual for me. I cannot believe it. I may be able to wait another month or longer! (yes, this may be pushing it, but still.) Anyway, is this because of the fatty acids???

It could be. I've read that it can soften new growth. If you do a couple of searches, you can find some information on people's results with flaxseed oil and evening primrose oil.

I noticed a big difference when I started taking flaxseed oil a few years ago. My newgrowth was shinier and softer.

Well, ladies, I've been taking since about a month ago and I swear...I cannot see new growth AT ALL. This is just amazing...For those who have problems stretching out relaxers, I'd highly recommend them. Amazing.

Interesting . . . if only I could get myself to take the pills on a daily rather than sporadic basis.

My supplement contains this:

Borage Seed Oil - 400mg
Fish Oil - 400 mg
Flax Seed Oil - 400 mg

per tablet

Do you all think one table $1200 mg would be enuff to see a difference? I just can't take more than 1 a day - they are HORSE pills.

I read that it's best to take a teaspoon of the oil b/c in order to get the same amount from the pills, you'd have to take 14 pills. That's why I switched to liquid form over the pills...

Oh well. . . it was not meant to be. I took the liquid one time and I felt like a greased up pig. I just can't do it.

Well, I started taking them because they're supposed to be great for the development of baby's brains (20 weeks pregnant). Little did I know, it would do this to my hair.

I agree with Hairlove. It's also less expensive to get the oil in the bottle. Pouring it on my food is a very easy way to take it.

I agree with Hairlove. It's also less expensive to get the oil in the bottle. Pouring it on my food is a very easy way to take it.

Well, however you do it, take them! I only hope and pray that it works as well for those who are interested in taking them. I don't have a problem with horse pills, so I'm good right now. I'm seriously wondering how long i can stretch this out...

Isis...what kind of food do you put it on? I find that I don't mind the taste but I can't stand the smell. I hold my nose when I take it. I have the GNC brand.

soulchild,

I have only just started taking the flaxseed oil liquid. I've usually put it in apple juice but yesterday, I took a teaspoonful straight and it wasn't bad at all. I just hold my nose b/c I do not like the smell of it. It just feels like oil...

When I put it in my apple juice, it really just sat on top - just like an oil so it didn't change the taste of the apple juice at all. I would guess the same for orange juice.

Once I finish my capsules I'll be purchasing the oil
smile.gif
I hope I'll be ok swallowing oil
ohwell.gif
. I guess I'll try and mix it up good. What brand do you use? And sorry for all the questions!

soulchild, I bought mine from GNC. It says "GNC Natural Brand Flax Seed Oil." It comes in a brown and yellow bottle and I think it cost $8.99 for the 8 fl oz. I think that's a little pricier than others that I've seen but it has the best balance of omega 3,6,9s that I've seen so I don't feel like I need to take additional oils.

Back