Olive Oil HELP!

msprettyeyes

Okay yesterday I put EVOO in my hair. Prior to that I put some aphogee treatment, then the aphogee moisturizer I rinsed then i put some cholesterol. My hair felt so good. But then I put the EVOO in and my hair felt so hard after I let it air dry. Did i put to many things in my hair or what. Lately I've noticed that when i put olive oil in my hair it gets hard. But the first time I put it in, my hair was loving it. It soaked it up. Now it leaves my hair hard. Can someone tell me what I did wrong.

When I put olive oil on my wet hair before setting, I find it a little harder to comb. So I onlu use it for pre-shampoo hot oil treatments or for moisturising dry hair.

It might of been the aphogee moisturizer and the cholesterol
it mighyt of been something in those two products that didn't work with the OO

I use olive oil spearingly because I have the same problem with it and my hair. I never use it on my wet hair anymore, in fact the only oils I use on wet hair is castor which makes it super soft and coconut which helps to straighten new growth when doing my doobie.

I only use olive oil for hot oil treatments, my skin, and to sometimes doctor up a bad conditioner.

I use jojoba or coconut on damp hair.

confused.gif
I don't know what it could be... olive oil always makes my hair soft to the touch...

This is my experience with oil:

I love Olive oil and Castor oil. I generally mix Castor Oil with 911 leave in conditioner and apply to my hair after my nightly wash, it makes my hair very soft. But, a few days ago I notice that my hair just felt sooo hard. I was really discouraged by how dry my hair had become despite my regular wash and despite the oil mix. I decided to do wash with a bit of Castil soap and amazingly my hair was gloriously soft again.

I reapplied the oil and the 911 leave in and once again my hair is soft.

I say all of this to say that I later learned that oil coats the hair shaft causing it to block out moisture so you need to wash it out because it builds up very fast.

[ QUOTE ]
Okay yesterday I put EVOO in my hair. Prior to that I put some aphogee treatment, then the aphogee moisturizer I rinsed then i put some cholesterol. My hair felt so good. But then I put the EVOO in and my hair felt so hard after I let it air dry. Did i put to many things in my hair or what. Lately I've noticed that when i put olive oil in my hair it gets hard. But the first time I put it in, my hair was loving it. It soaked it up. Now it leaves my hair hard. Can someone tell me what I did wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to use OO on my hair and it FRIED IT! People at another board told me it's too acidic for hair.

I advise you to put that on your skin ONLY!

[ QUOTE ]
I use olive oil spearingly because I have the same problem with it and my hair. I never use it on my wet hair anymore, in fact the only oils I use on wet hair is castor which makes it super soft and coconut which helps to straighten new growth when doing my doobie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been using the Kemi Oil on my hair and it's working beautifully. I sleep in it at night.

Back