Old People Wrap

SimpleKomplexity

Lol Yall I do sooo wonderful at rolling my hair now!! I know how to make them straight and everything....the problem is taking it out and wrapping it! When I'm some weeks post I end up with that funky old people (i mean like grandma style) hair... you know... wrapped under and won't lay flat... looks like you're wearing a hat or something...:lachen:...i can't even explain it! Does anyone have a tutorial on how to take out the rollers and wrap it and comb the wrap out nicely

That is too funny that you started this thread! It used to be that everytime I took my rollers out, I looked like a grandmamma!

I have done the doobie, where you wrap it after taking the rollers out and then sitting back under the dryer for about 30 minutes. To take it a step further, I almost always do this at night so I can slap a scarf on and sleep on it. If I try to wrap and go somewhere, I used to have to wind up putting some oil in it or flat ironing it cuz it was too tight. It could be that my hair is longer now and just lays down better, too AND that I don't use "crunchy" setting lotion, i.e., Lottabody, when I am setting it.

HTH! :)

What size rollers are you using? As our hair grows a lot of times we don't realize that we need to upsize our rollers. When I want straight hair after a rollerset I use the biggest rollers possible for my hair length. I think you should go up a size and that would probably solve your problem. HTH:yep:

What size rollers are you using? As our hair grows a lot of times we don't realize that we need to upsize our rollers. When I want straight hair after a rollerset I use the biggest rollers possible for my hair length. I think you should go up a size and that would probably solve your problem. HTH:yep:

Exactly what she said.

nuh uh ladies! I took the plunge and use the BIG rollers lool you kno the red ones (i was so proud) :lachen: But it still came out roller under really kind tighton the edges. Maybe I just dunno how to comb it out :ohwell:

First of all, I just want to say...SOOOOOO. So you can rollerset all perfectly. *fold my arms* (Okay, I will put down the hateraide) :lol:

I was going to suggest larger rollers too. I hope you get it to work out. :yep: (and report some of those rollersetting tips!! <--I picked up the hateraide again.)

Larger rollers are key. And then I add a little more moisturizer and oil, and saran wrap and sit under the dryer for 10-15 minutes. That gets my curls to calm down. If its late at night then just wrapping it up and sleeping on it does the same thing.

I have the same problem. I also have neck length, thin, fine, coase hair (if that's possible), I thought that was the cause of it.

My roller wraps look poofy no matter who rolls me until I wrap my hair and go to bed. I tie my hair down with one of those magic scarfs that is shaped like a do rag with out the tail. When I get up in the morening I look great. Sometimes when the curls are too tight or crispy I will mist my hair with water and smooth the fly away edges after my hair is wraped.

Another thing I do is mist my hair with oil before and after I wrap it. I have to be careful not to use too much oil or water, because I don't want to loose my curls.

it looked a lil better when i put oil on it, but i dunno! when other people do it even with smaller rollers it comes out kute. Mine comes out kute if I have a fresh relaxer, but if I just do one now (I'm like 4 weeks post) it just looks puffy and roller under :perplexed I need to get macherieamour DVD :grin::grin: Early christmas gift anyone? lol

Back