Okayyy, hair crunchy after matonnaise, protein tretment!

RegaLady

I call my self leaving olive oil imperial hair mayonnaise with soy protein and cholesterol on my hair. I DC for 15 minutes. Than co washed with VO5 moisture milks. Then, I sprayed olive oil and Infusium 23 on my hair. NOw, its crunchy:nono:. I haven't had a problem like this in soooooo long. What did I do wrong, and how do I correct it?:wallbash:

Sounds like too much protein - DC with a good, moisturizing con, and give the protein a rest for a bit.
An overnight DC might not be a bad idea, either.

JustKiya;4906535[B said:
]Sounds like too much protein - DC with a good, moisturizing con, and give the protein a rest for a bit. [/B]

ITA
It's protein overload
IMO Infisium 23 has protein too
What kind of DC do you use?
What kind of olive oil have tou used the moisturiser or the oil sheen?

It could definitely be the new formulation for Infusium 23. A lot of people have been saying this for the past couple of years. It has been recommended on the Crown and Glory site to dilute it with water 1:1. I only use a little bit in a larger bottle for my spray concoctions.

HTH

Infusium will do it to you every time.
I use Infusium after co washing, and it really has helped my hair out.:ohwell: The new product I used was the Mayonnaise. I used it before(alone), it worked fine. This time I used it with the other stuff, and it went bazurk.:perplexed

It could definitely be the new formulation for Infusium 23. A lot of people have been saying this for the past couple of years. It has been recommended on the Crown and Glory site to dilute it with water 1:1. I only use a little bit in a larger bottle for my spray concoctions.

HTH
I use it with olive oil!

Sounds like too much protein - DC with a good, moisturizing con, and give the protein a rest for a bit.
Okay, I will try this. I use Elastica QP DPR -11. I hope thats a good one. I also add moisturizer to my hair, it has soften up, but not like it use to.:sad:

I use Infusium after co washing, and it really has helped my hair out.:ohwell: The new product I used was the Mayonnaise. I used it before(alone), it worked fine. This time I used it with the other stuff, and it went bazurk.:perplexed

I think the key to using Infusium is to not use it with anything else. I just didnt get the desired results I wanted it when I used it but if it works for you that is great. :yep:

There seems to be a protein OD epidemic breaking out around here. This is about the 4th thread I've seen in the past week about the same issue. I wonder why that is?

There seems to be a protein OD epidemic breaking out around here. This is about the 4th thread I've seen in the past week about the same issue. I wonder why that is?

I don't know - I've noticed that too. :yep:

I'm wondering if hair is even MORE protein sensitive in hot weather. Or, more accurately, whether the hot weather is sucking more moisture out of our hair, and so doing the same thing - or going even a TINIER bit heavier on the protein without changing your moisture habits - shifts the balance too far to the protein side of things....

Either way I think the combination of the two might be protein overload for your hair at one time. Do a few Deep Moisturizing treatments with NTM hair mask or Kera Care or some other super moisturizing treatment (and try it with some kind of steam treatment if you can) and that should help.

I'm wondering if hair is even MORE protein sensitive in hot weather. Or, more accurately, whether the hot weather is sucking more moisture out of our hair, and so doing the same thing - or going even a TINIER bit heavier on the protein without changing your moisture habits - shifts the balance too far to the protein side of things....

I think you are right...that might be the problem, or..it's just that they are adding to much protein in the hair by using to many products that contain it.

I think you are right...that might be the problem, or..it's just that they are adding to much protein in the hair by using to many products that contain it.
I promise I have been reading about this, and I swore never to do it. Then I got this stuff, and it went bad on me. I usually do ALOT of moister, and the only protein I use is Infusioum(as a leave in). It has worked like charm and mu hair has thrived! I promise, I didn't even recognize the mayo being a protein type conditioner.:wallbash: I hear about this protein thing, and I never got on the bandwagon. It was only until l my hair got crunchy that I realized what exactly it was. I got the mayo treatment from my sister.:ohwell: I guess I will read more labels, and stick to what I know.:look:

That sounds very logical :yep: Don't feel bad Redliz81, before I really paid attention I didn't know the hair mayo was too much protein for me either. I didn't begin to question it until I had lil clumps of hair coming out after using it to prepoo :sad: strangely enough, I don't have this prob when I use real mayo which is only once in a blue moon.

Back