Okay, so who else got banana stuck in their hair?

Aviah

I did a conditioning session today,
coconut milk
EVOO
honey
and - the dreaded banana
Somehow I knew it would get caught in my hair, but took extra care to rinse more carefully.
Nope- no help
Good thing I was going to redo my twists anyway. I'm here now combing banana out of each twist and redoing it...:lachen:
Ever happen to anyone else?

Yup. I started putting it in the food processor or better yet when I'm hopelessly lazy, buying all natual organic banana baby food :grin:

I either puree with a stick blender or buy the baby food as well. You can buy banana fruit powder now too, but it is just so much cheaper to use a ripe banana -- pennies...

Another question: what does banana actually do? I just did it because I saw it on here and thought why not...

See I , like genius didn't use the blender... My hair feels soft though... Last time cocont milk wreaked HAVOC on my hair...

Honey & Banana Beauty Benefits

The Egyptians and Romans must have been on the right track with their use of honey in their beauty recipes. My spa consultant informed me that honey is a fabulous natural moisturizer for hair and skin.

Bananas contain tryptophan, a rich amino acid that is known to be extremely beneficial for hair and skin. They are chock full of potassium which adds super softening properties to the hair shaft. Along with vitamins A, B, C and E bananas contain rich natural oils and carbohydrates. All these goodies shore up the natural elasticity of the hair and prevents split ends.

sourcey

I use extremely ripened bananas or put the bananas in the oven..makes them gooey and soft. Then I make sure to pulse and puree them in the blender. No lumps.

What exactly are the benefits of the banana for hair? I never tried it because I can just see myself picking banana out of my hair for a week. I'd rather eat it...LOL

See I , like genius didn't use the blender... My hair feels soft though... Last time cocont milk wreaked HAVOC on my hair...

What happened with the Coconut Milk? I've only had great results with CM. I rinsed with CM as a finishing rinse conditioning treatment.

I even used the Coconut Cream and it worked great. Mixed w/a little honey, EVOO. Results Soft, silky, shiny hair.

Dont laugh but when I first started with this hair thing I was going crazy mixing every little hair recipe up. So..I called myself mixing up something spectacular :rolleyes:

I boiled avocado, and bananas so they would mash easily. Keep in mind, stupid me had a blender AND a food processor...I just wanted to mash them up myself. Dumb move. I rinsed my hair out in the tub and the bananas and avocado bits stopped everything up. I had to call the plumber the next day.

Dont laugh but when I first started with this hair thing I was going crazy mixing every little hair recipe up. So..I called myself mixing up something spectacular :rolleyes:

I boiled avocado, and bananas so they would mash easily. Keep in mind, stupid me had a blender AND a food processor...I just wanted to mash them up myself. Dumb move. I rinsed my hair out in the tub and the bananas and avocado bits stopped everything up. I had to call the plumber the next day.

Oh my ! ! !:ohwell: Well....when I first started using 'egg' I rinsed it out w/warm water and had 1/2 poached 1/2 scrambled egg all in my hair.:wallbash:

LOL.:lachen:

What happened with the Coconut Milk? I've only had great results with CM. I rinsed with CM as a finishing rinse conditioning treatment.

I even used the Coconut Cream and it worked great. Mixed w/a little honey, EVOO. Results Soft, silky, shiny hair.

I'm not sure, It was just really HARD... and with the same ingredients you used... maybe the proprotions were different...

How can you expect me not to laugh when I laughed at myself?? :lachen:

I did a conditioning session today,
coconut milk
EVOO
honey
and - the dreaded banana
Somehow I knew it would get caught in my hair, but took extra care to rinse more carefully.
Nope- no help
Good thing I was going to redo my twists anyway. I'm here now combing banana out of each twist and redoing it...:lachen:
Ever happen to anyone else?
It works best if you put it in the Blender and Puree. No residue left in your hair.

Okay, I'm so slow. When I saw the title of this thread, I was thinking you were talking about a WHOLE banana, with the peel and everything :blush:

I was thinking "WTH was she doing and why was a banana stuck in her hair?" :perplexed I need to get my mind out of the gutter :lachen:

Back