Okay...so I did the BIG CHOP!

Crystalicequeen123

Yes...you read it right, I actually got a really big hair cut a few weeks ago for my 9 week relaxer touch up.

I just told my stylist that I wanted a change. A few weeks ago I was ready to make a change from a mild relaxer back to a regular strength relaxer. I think that over time (2 years with the mild), the mild relaxer seemed to do more harm than good. :( So, that day I got a touch up, I also told my stylist to give me a MUCH needed hair cut.

To my surprise, the hair cut turned out great!!! My hair is too my neck now. I'm loving the shorter, summer do. :D This is the shortest I've ever cut my hair, and although I was really hesitant at first, I think I made the best decision for right now.

My regular strength relaxer treatment went very nicely (and she didn't relax to the ends/ or do a "corrective"), and she only relaxed my new growth. :up: My hair is so BOUNCY, thick, and full of life now!! :woot: I love it! When my hair was longer, it would sometimes look very thin and lifeless at the ends. My hair is fine to begin with, so I didn't need my hair to look even THINNER.

So, I guess I say all of this to say: Ladies...don't be afraid of a little trim (or even a hair cut) here and there. I think it has actually done some wonders for my hair so far, and I'm liking the fact that I can start over brand new. :yep: Sure...it's going to take a LONG time for my hair to get back to shoulder blade length again, but hey...at least I think I've learned from my mistakes, and now know what works (and doesn't work!) for my hair. ;)

Crystalice,

You are so right! I cut my quite a bit of my hair last month to get rid of thin ends. It has done wonders. It is a great jumpstart for moving on and retaining your length and style.

I'm glad things went well! I used to be afraid of chopping, but now I see how necessary it is! Right now I have hair that's slowly recovering from overlapping done at the salon. However, I know I'm going to have to chop it off eventually, and I don't mind. It's hair and it'll grow back. Nothing like a fresh cut to make you feel happy about your hair!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! :D

Yeah, I feel like I have a whole new head full of hair! I was worried at first, because I don't really think short hair styles look all that great on me (my head shape), but I'm actually getting used to it. It's a lot easier to do my roller sets too. Shorter hair is easier to manage, so I'm liking that aspect of it.

Like some of you have said...hair is hair. It WILL grow back. :yep:

Good for you, Crystalice!

I've had to do that at times when I was relaxed and it made a big difference in the way my hair felt and was styled. Nothing better than a fresh start!

yeah, my 2.5 inch cut got me off to a great start back in January. There's a pic down in my siggy somewhere, if it ever appears.

Congrats! It's hard to do sometimes, but I feel much better after a good trim too. I had to do one for myself in May. It was painful, but after looking at my pictures I realized I wanted healthy hair now rather than raggedy ends and long hair.

Now that you know what to do, your hair will flourish! Fine hair is a chore isn't it?

Good for you! Your new haircut sounds very pretty.

OT@ HoneyDew, the pic in your siggy is very cute:yep:, your hair looks so shiny and healthy.

Crystalicequeen123 said:
Thanks for the encouragement guys! :D

Yeah, I feel like I have a whole new head full of hair! I was worried at first, because I don't really think short hair styles look all that great on me (my head shape), but I'm actually getting used to it. It's a lot easier to do my roller sets too. Shorter hair is easier to manage, so I'm liking that aspect of it.

Like some of you have said...hair is hair. It WILL grow back. :yep:

I cut mine for similar reasons to you, I feel the same

Back