Okay so I bought the Denman...

Ayeshia

and exactly how am I supposed to use this brush?
confused.gif

It seems like It will rip my hair out..but I know it wont. Any suggestions?

Only use it on your hair while is soaking wet and there's lots of conditioner on it. Take a section and start detangling - from the ends up as usual. Sometimes this brush works better at detangling natural hair than a wide tooth comb does. Plus, it definitely defines small curls
grin.gif
Let us know how you like it
smile.gif

i thought the same thing until about an hour ago...i dont know why it works, but it really really does!! and i only have a knockoff! it just glides right through all this hair! just start at the ends and give it a shot!
~T~

I really should invest in one of these, how do you know which type to buy? I went to their site and just got confused
ohwell.gif

Okay, I need one of these. Is there anywhere else to buy it besides Sally's. The closest Sally's to me is in The Bronx and I'd hate to go all the way up there just for a brush.

I think I got the D4. basically the cheapest one (9.99) I was confused at first but then I remeber a lady on the board saying that they were 10 bucks, so I got the one she referred to
smile.gif

I got the Denman 31 and the large Paddle brush. I plan to get the Denman 4 next. I love them all. I don't think I'd be able to get my hair in a bun w/o them.

Good investment, Ayeshia. You'll love it!
laugh.gif

I use mine AFTER detangling with a wide toothed comb to help work the conditioner (or other product) through my hair. I also use it for smoothing...
smile.gif

Some ladies use it to detangle, but I just can't see it
frown.gif
for my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
I use mine AFTER detangling with a wide toothed comb to help work the conditioner (or other product) through my hair. I also use it for smoothing...
smile.gif

frown.gif
for my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn this was why I bought it
frown.gif
Ill take your suggestion and do it with a wide toothed comb first. I know for a fact that if it wont get through your hair it really wont get through mines
smile.gif

Well, hopefully you'll notice a difference because I know I do after using the Denman to work con through versus not using it. Oh, and I use it in sections (4) on my hair. That should help...

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
Well, hopefully you'll notice a difference because I know I do after using the Denman to work con through versus not using it. Oh, and I use it in sections (4) on my hair. That should help...

[/ QUOTE ]

that I will do
smile.gif
...Im finding that I have to change my routine a lil bit. I cant glide my comb through my hair like I used to be able to when I first BC'd. Tangles werent an issue then and sectioning didnt even come up becasue there wasnt enuff length to section
lachen70.gif
..but now It takes a half hour to detangle my hair...mainly cuz Im tenderheaded.
ohwell.gif

Yeah those tangles can be a trip! The longer your hair is, the more more patience and time it takes to detangle.

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
smile.gif

frown.gif
for my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

I use my 31 after I've detangled. If the brush more or less guides through then I use the paddle to get it in a bun. I couldn't use mine right out of the shower to detangled.
nono.gif
I don't think anyone would be able to do that without a big pile of hair left in the brush.

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
smile.gif

frown.gif
for my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here, although i rarely use it now.

Sillygurl: I have both the D3 and D4...one has 7 rows, the other has 9 rows. I believe the D4 has 9...

MsK: The Conair one probably works just as well. I didn't see tha knock-off until AFTER I had bought mine, believe me, I was sick about that. The Conair one doesn't even cost half as much as the Denman.

[ QUOTE ]
KhaLesSta said:
Sillygurl: I have both the D3 and D4...one has 7 rows, the other has 9 rows. I believe the D4 has 9...

MsK: The Conair one probably works just as well. I didn't see tha knock-off until AFTER I had bought mine, believe me, I was sick about that. The Conair one doesn't even cost half as much as the Denman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I bought it at lunch and will try it out tonight!
smile.gif

Back