Okay people, I need your help/suggestions

:ohwell: Last Thursday I colored my hair with Natural Instincts (no ammonia/low peroxide). Sunday I did my weekly wash regimen pre-poo(coconut oil, evoo, & honey), shampoo, and deep condition(ORS hair mayo with egg for extra protein). My hair felt fine after I washed it but almost brittle-like after the conditioner. Did I do something wrong? Was it too much protein too soon? I finally got it feeling somewhat normal after using my motions leave in and a mixture of mango/lime oil & doogrow anti-itch growth oil.

1.What can I do so this doesn't happen again? I did the Aphogee hard protein treatment last weekend b/c of intense breakage and I know I WON'T be doing that again.

2. Do you wet your hair before you pre-poo? Maybe the oils didn't help b/c my hair didn't seem as soft as it should when I started to shampoo.

I have 3b hair if that info helps any.

By the way, anyone able to locate the Suave Milk N' Honey at a store near them?

I use Wella Demi colors so I can only tell you what I do afterwards which seems to help me a lot.

I don't do protien treatment until 7 days after if its just color; 14 if its around relaxer time.

You may just need to just use a moisterizing conditioner mixed with a low PH conditioner (for me its an ORS pack with some added nexxus ensure) for 20-30 minutes, rinse, then use a good leave in then use a little oil on the top of that while its still a damp.

I don't know if you use a iron or straighten your hair any but you may want to not do that until you've gotten your moisture balance back on track.

HTH

-A

Back