Okay, my computer's waaaay too slow to search this... Henna question.....

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
There are a billion threads on henna, and my computer's just too slow to look through them. I'd be here for like 3 days seaching. Anywho, my question is: Is there a brand of henna that's not messy and doesn't dye your hair? I love the darkness of my hair and I don't want it to change. Plus, my hair's gotta match my beloved UPA Clip :lol: TIA!!

Hey, Miss tiffers!

Well, depending on how your mixture is, any henna can be messy! I mixed a little over 50 mg (about half a package) of Jamila henna and a little amla powder with about 3-4 tbsp of water, a big squirt of cheapy conditioner and mixed it up; then I added 3 tbsp each of EVOO, coconut oil, and honey. It was too soupy, so I added about 3 tbsp more henna and mixed it; it was such a perfect consistency, I didn't spill a drop!

Most henna (except cassia) will impart a tiny bit of color even if you don't add terps. The best way to keep your hair dark is to mix up the henna without the terps and put it on immediately. Or use amla powder.

Any other mixologists out there with any other ideas?

HTH!

There are a billion threads on henna, and my computer's just too slow to look through them. I'd be here for like 3 days seaching. Anywho, my question is: Is there a brand of henna that's not messy and doesn't dye your hair? I love the darkness of my hair and I don't want it to change. Plus, my hair's gotta match my beloved UPA Clip :lol: TIA!!
Henna is a plant and always deposits a reddish color. Some of the ladies do apply right after mixing it with water to avoid getting color but I've read some of the experiences here where it still left red on the hair.

The trick is to mix henna with another plant source to get another color. I love my natural dark brown/auburn color so I mix henna (red) with indigo (blue/black) and amla (brown) to enhance my natural color.
There are recipes (and henna for sale) at this site and check here also for henna, indigo and amla. :)

Back