okay im mad.. how many time do i have to moisturize

Inches411

without weighing my hair down.. i know its good for my hair and all but dang... i want my swinging hair and every so often when i go to comb it i hear the snap crackle pop sound and honestly i think its just dry but i it takes so much moisturizer in my head to stop it that my hair looks like a flat mess when done... i wash and deep condition every single week so i really dont understand why its still doing that... i use grape seed oil and a small amount of mango butter moisturizer from elasta qp..

Also last night I used the flexi rods to curl the ends of my hair and i put a small amoutn of moisturizer on each end before i rolled and today its still sounds cruncy when i comb it with a WIDE TOOTH comb very gently and carefully. for me i think when my hair cuticle is nto flat that when the dryness occurs..

any suggestions... im desperate

IMHO its prolly the mango butter. first of all that stuff is heavy. aint no way i could use that more than once a week and have swanging hair. and it made my hair hard. you know it has protein in it right?
if you deep condition on dry hair before you shampoo then use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and really good leave ins, on the first and maybe second day you wont need a moisturizer.
find a good shea butter moisturizer that light and moisturize once a day and seal with coconut oil. i have fine hair and my hair doesnt weigh down with shea butter at all.

I agree, mango butter is so heavy and can easily weigh down the hair, and it is also not the most moisturizing product IMO. I usually use it more so to lay hair down.

What kind of leave-in are you using? It's possible that the leave in is drying hard and causing that feeling and sound. That sometimes happen if you use too much of certain products.

ok let me clarify my hair is already hard before i use the mango butter.. the mango butter is actually what softens it up.. this is wat i do .. i washmyhair deep condition use leave and rollerset and wrap.. the wheen i comb it before i wrap it again at night its really crackly so i put some mango butter on it.. and it helps alot buti dont want flat hair... any more suggestions?

I had to let my mango butter go, its a protein moisturizer, its a thread on it, check it out

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=270471

Also like mention before shea butter is excellent moisturizer. I used the Komozacare kind and the Treasured locks kind also. My hair is so soft. I love this stuff. I was using the Cantu sheabutter, and it left it to heavy and just sat on my hair. The brands I use now, actully do what it suppose to do. Moisturize the hair.

Have you tried DCing overnight? I did this the other day after shampooing with paul mitchel three shampoo and sealed/mostrised afterwards with shea butter, my hair was sooo soft at 5 weeks past

castor oil! That is the best stuff. I use it on my wet hair before I rollerset and my hair comes out soft, moisturized, and swinging! I only just about a dime sized dollop, thats all u really need.

Back