Okay, I want to get a texturizer!!!...

Natural_Girl

I need your help!!!
I've been checking out the Curve Salon's website and lovin' the before/afters.
Their prices seem a bit steep for me...
Can anyone recomend a salon in either ATLANTA, PHILADELPHIA, OR NEW YORK where I may get good results?
I want to keep my kink but make it more manageable.

Has anyone texturized with an at-home product?

All the advise you can give would be GREAT!!!!!!!

You surely don't have to go to a place like Curve to get a texturizer. I have one, I did it myself, and it turned out really well. I'm not advocating doing it yourself if you're not comfortable though... Me - I was worried that a salon would overprocess and I end up with straight hair. I used Revlon/Colomer's Arosci (professional line) Relaxer, Texturizer Strength. There are a lot of texturized ladies here, I'm sure someone else will chime in...
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
Is it possible to texturize relaxed hair? I really want curly hair again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing, but, I am sure it would do major damage if I dared to try. Personally, my relaxed hair curls up a bit when I wash and let it air dry (scrunch it up a bit), only my roots are crazy when its time for touch up, so it doesn't look so appealing then. I use a bit of aloe vera gel on the ends to tame the frizz
ohwell.gif

But yeah, good question, wonder if its possible to reverse without going through such a long transition?..
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe it is. A texturizer is basically a relaxer that is less strong and left on your hair for a shorter time than a relaxer would be so that you loosen the curl pattern of your hair. You would only be able to do this to the new growth. Someone correct me if I am wrong
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sascha said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe it is. A texturizer is basically a relaxer that is less strong and left on your hair for a shorter time than a relaxer would be so that you loosen the curl pattern of your hair. You would only be able to do this to the new growth. Someone correct me if I am wrong
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What she said is true.

Back