OK. You got me. I am now here.

Cendra

Trying this again as my last post disappeared mid-edit....? LOL.

Hello all,

I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join in on the fun.

My stats:
  • Fully natural for about 3.5 years after cutting off the relaxer/colour
  • Didn't know what I was doing until I met the Hair Rock Stars on Youtube (you know who you are :yep:) two years ago
  • Current length: about 1.5" away from APL, goal is BSL
  • Current challenges: my hair may be growing at a slower pace than 1/4" per month, am perplexed. Crown always moves at snail pace
  • Current reggie: shampoo weekly & DC at the gym steam room, almost daily moisturizing and sealing, twisting/bunning for protection, no heat and started GHEing almost a month ago
Thank you all for imparting so much knowlege and for motivating and inspiring me to take even better care of my hair. Better pictures to come soon (am fighting a nasty head cold).

Cheers!

Welcome! Hope you're feeling better by now.
Slow growth could be a result of something internal.
Have you tried a multivitamin or getting some bloodwork done?
Thyroid issues, low iron, low vitamin D, lack of sleep and stress have been discussed as hair growth barriers.

I am soooo glad I'm not the only person that DCs in the steam room at the gym! A chick in plastic trash bag was looking at me all crazy and I'm like "I know YOU ain't talking".

Oh! And welcome newbie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Welcome! Hope you're feeling better by now.
Slow growth could be a result of something internal.
Have you tried a multivitamin or getting some bloodwork done?
Thyroid issues, low iron, low vitamin D, lack of sleep and stress have been discussed as hair growth barriers.

Thank you and I'm a lot better, thanks. I'm not sure what it is. Externally speaking, I think I'm doing everything I'm supposed to. Internally: my checkup last year turned up with low vitamin D so I've been taking those since and my checkup last month showed nothing abnormal, so I'm at a loss. BUT, I have been thinking of trying multivitamins as I'm sure that I don't necessarily get everything I need every single day. That's the next step. :perplexed

I am soooo glad I'm not the only person that DCs in the steam room at the gym! A chick in plastic trash bag was looking at me all crazy and I'm like "I know YOU ain't talking".

Oh! And welcome newbie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LOL...I just did this yesterday (but with a shower cap, gotta look good!). I don't have a steamer so I figure, if I gotta pay for the gym, might as well streeeeetch that dollar!

Back