ok yall, i finished my weave...

hey lovley..i would not reccomend going to the bs store for hair b/c that hair is junk and it will get tangled and knotty..i use sebastion wet to define the curl and maybe some rods at times and a hot curler if u would like..
u dont have to keep wetting ur hair, u can mist it or when u wake up in the morning, it may be a little flat but u can just fluff it out..

i just left a little hair out on the sides and a small section on top...if u see in the pics i have that little bit on the sides twisted and the top braided off..that the sections i left out..

Man, I can't believe you did that yourself. You got talent sista /images/graemlins/smile.gif
And it looks so natural, like your own hair. Very pretty.

[ QUOTE ]
sweetnic ja, i took some pics of a wave i did on my sister hair some time ago..i think this hair would be a bit better for they types of styles u want..its called spanish wavy and its mixed with european strait..the pics are a bit blurry as i took a picture of a picture, but u can see it..its a full head..
http://public.fotki.com/asummertyme/sisters_weave/

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much! Your sister's hair looks great too. I can't wait to start this project. Can you tell me why the hair is so expensive? Is it a superior quality (no tangles etc)?

I'm also wondering if there's a place (i.e online) where I can buy the hair. I'm trying my best to avoid driving out to Bklyn but, if I have to drive to NY I'd go to the BX.

Thanks again and ur hair looks great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That is definitely a talent you got there, girl!
I'm saving this thread in my favorites, just in case I want straight hair whenever my twa grows out because I don't plan on ever pressing it or applying heat to my hair ever again.

thnx to all...guys are great..
sweetnic, the hair is of a better quality although i have never brought any strait hair from them, anytime i weave my hair with in a curly style...i only use lugos hair..and once i buy a big bulk of hair say 140 dollars worth..i keep it for some time ..after i take this weave out..i will wash , condition and store it for another use.... u probably save money in the long run b/c the cehap hair never lasts and u have to rebuy...
anyhoo..u can go to the lugos in manhattan..im not sure where it is but if u call im sure they will give u the info on the manhattan location..

finebeauty, i feel u on the stritning situation..I am also trying to cut out relaxers and this is the way im gonna do it...my scalp is getting irritataed..so i need to stretch out my appl.

I usually don't comment on a persons her hair if I think it doesn't look good but I just need to tell you that that weave looks GREAT! You did a wonderful job! I may be tempted to do my own hair.

I have a question: After the net is sewn on do you then sew the tracks on to each row of the net do you thread through each hole? I hope that makes sense to you.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question: After the net is sewn on do you then sew the tracks on to each row of the net do you thread through each hole? I hope that makes sense to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

after the net is on..u just sew..row after row..no particular way..the good thing about the net is, u dont have to sew on each braid, u can sew anyway u wanna b/c the net becomes like an anchor..i hope that makes sense..there is no particular way u have to sew anymore..and it eliminated the lumps, wich is particulary good if u wanna do a strait style..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

after the net is on..u just sew..row after row..no particular way..the good thing about the net is, u dont have to sew on each braid, u can sew anyway u wanna b/c the net becomes like an anchor..i hope that makes sense..there is no particular way u have to sew anymore..and it eliminated the lumps, wich is particulary good if u wanna do a strait style..

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha, thanks.

Your hair does look great! I haven't bought hair from lugos since my first two weaves in 1997/98 which was "european wavy", but decided in January that I wanted to give Adorables "french refined" a break and use Lugos again. I've also been using sebastian wet since '97. It's excellent for curly weaves. Thanks for the info because I had no idea Lugos had a location in manhattan. The trek to brooklyn is the only reason I don't have the hair yet and I hate that Lugos doesn't have a website. My question for you is, can you tell me the hair type you initially had sewn in? I think you mentioned it was "soft wavy", but is there an actual name? I was looking for something different this year and I like what you have in.

**For the chiquita who wanted to buy hair online, you can try www.adorablehairdo.com***

Quick question, AST: how did you sew the cap on? Did you sew it along your edges or only on the actual cornrows? Or both? I hope that makes sense. TIA

I'm thinking about it, but I'm nervous since I've never done it before. I'm in the middle of interviews, so I can't risk going in there looking crazy. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

[ QUOTE ]
how do you keep your hair underneath moisturized?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question. I'm thinking of mixing a little oil + shea butter + distilled water in a spray bottle and spritzing the cornrows underneath.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how do you keep your hair underneath moisturized?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question. I'm thinking of mixing a little oil + shea butter + distilled water in a spray bottle and spritzing the cornrows underneath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me, I have a spray bottle that I concocted also that I might use

Back