Ok y'all be having me spending my $$ on......

Healthb4Length

Ok y\'all be having me spending my $$ on......

kinds of hair products and appliances. I feel like a mad scientist! Yesterday I went to Harmons and got the caruso rollers but this one is from Vidal Sassoon. I couldn't help myself
laugh.gif
, I need help on how to use it though, I read the instructions but I am not quite sure. I have a texturizer in my hair so should I blowdry my hair and then put on the curlers or can I air-dry then comb straight then put on the curlers. Another question how do I get shine, add the product on my hair before or after I put in curlers? Your advice is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Re: Ok y\'all be having me spending my $$ on......

Anyone out there? Does anyone knows how to use these caruso steam setters? help a sistah out!

My hair is relaxed, so I do not know how the curlers will do on texturized hair. Try putting them on dry hair. After you take your hair down, wait a few minutes to make sure your hair is dry, then apply your products.

I never had success in doing it the other way around. Do you have the Vidal Sassoon model or the Caruso model?

I have those and I have only used them on blow dried hair. I may try to use them on non-blow dried in the next week or two. I have been trying to stay away from heat, but my hair takes a long time to dry.

My suggestion is if your hair is wavy/coily when you are trying to use them them twirl the section of hair you are trying to curl tight like a rope, then wrap it around the roller. That way your hair is pretty taught/straight when you roll it. There should be a picture of this in the little book of styles that came with it. However, if you do this, your hair will come out in spiral curls. Make sure you don't leave the curlers on the steam to long, it will make your hair too wet. I only only leave them in long enough for my hair to dry 45-60 min. You should also use roller papers because the foam dries out your hair. Let me know if you have any other questions.

So how long do you leave them on your hair, the book says 15-30 minutes but I think I might need to leave it on a little longer. I have the vidal Sassoon model and it doesn't have any pictures in the booklet.

Thanks ladies, I am going to try them out tonight and i will finally post pics like I promised like a month and a half ago! Pics will be posted this weekend or by monday.

The longer you leave the rollers in, the more "formed" the curls will be.

Back