ok so i just my first roller set.....

c*c*chic*

in like 5 years! usually i go to a dominican salon but i since joining lhcf i no longer want anyone's hands in my head besides my own! lol
anyway, im not too pleased with my results. i used setting lotion diluted with water(3pts water, 1 pt setting lotion), leave in, aphogee green tea reconstructor, chi silk infusion. nothing else. rolled my hair up, let it dry for 50 minutes. when i took the rollers out my hair had lots and lots of bounce! but once i brushed them down to wrap it, bounce turned into fluff/frizz! i did the silk wrap and it kind tamed it a little bit but not what i really expected. any tips ladies?

How many weeks post are you? I don't usually experience frizz when I do my sets. Did you roll the hair neatly on the roller, if I rush then I get frizzy results.

Try adding a bit of moisturizing cream and leave it wrapped over night, you should be fine when you take it down in the morning.

im almost 6 weeks post. yep i made sure they were neat because i dint want any problems lol idk what went wrong

in like 5 years! usually i go to a dominican salon but i since joining lhcf i no longer want anyone's hands in my head besides my own! lol
anyway, im not too pleased with my results. i used setting lotion diluted with water(3pts water, 1 pt setting lotion), leave in, aphogee green tea reconstructor, chi silk infusion. nothing else. rolled my hair up, let it dry for 50 minutes. when i took the rollers out my hair had lots and lots of bounce! but once i brushed them down to wrap it, bounce turned into fluff/frizz! i did the silk wrap and it kind tamed it a little bit but not what i really expected. any tips ladies?

If you're using undiluted lottabody up that mix to 5-6pts water, 1 pt setting lotion.

Also, you may be using too many leave-ins. Since I discovered FPSP, I don't bother with a leave-in any more. I wash a DC my hair twice a week, so I don't really feel like I need a leave in. Also, make sure your hair is COMPLETELY dry before you take it down. 50 minutes would never be enough for my hair unless I was using a Pibbs.

I agree that it sounds like you are using too many leave-ins. Usually 1 or 2 is enough.

I sometimes have the same frizz problem, especially when I get past about 4 weeks post-relaxer. I've found that my hair likes to stay curly when I rollerset it; so when I try to force the curls straight by combing them it just makes them frizz. I've found it works well to let the curls fall a little on their own (few hours) or finger comb it to loosen them a little first. You can also try using larger rollers to make the curls a little looser.

Last edited:
tx for the tips ladies! i just bumped my hair with my biosilk flat plates. i did 1 full pass with the iron on certain parts where the frizz was and it eliminated it. i have it wrapped now. this style wont last but 3 or 4 days cuz im ordering another half wig lol i'll b using that for a month probably. but i def want to get this right!

i used proclaims setting lotion. the bss i went to wanted almost 7 bucks for lottabody! wasn't tryin to hear it:lala:s! lol

Back