Ok So I just bought Peppermint oil.....

MidBackCrisis

But I dont have the slightest clue on how to use it. The reason I bought it is because I have read posts where a lot of you ladies speak of the great things it does for your hair and I want those same results. My hair is currently at the 2.5 inch mark and I need it to be arm pit length by the end of this year as I am in the APL length by the end of 08 challenge. Now my question is.. do I use the peppermint oil straight up?, Do I mix it with some grease and MN? I also bought grapeseed oil ( even though it was for my mother) but do I use that with the peppermint oil too?? :ohwell: Or simply put.. Does it really matter how I use it? Im asking because the directions on the bottles says to dilute it. How do you ladies use it to the best results?

But I dont have the slightest clue on how to use it. The reason I bought it is because I have read posts where a lot of you ladies speak of the great things it does for your hair and I want those same results. My hair is currently at the 2.5 inch mark and I need it to be arm pit length by the end of this year as I am in the APL length by the end of 08 challenge. Now my question is.. do I use the peppermint oil straight up?, Do I mix it with some grease and MN? I also bought grapeseed oil ( even though it was for my mother) but do I use that with the peppermint oil too?? :ohwell: Or simply put.. Does it really matter how I use it? Im asking because the directions on the bottles says to dilute it. How do you ladies use it to the best results?

LMAO @ growing from 2.5 inches to APL by the end of the year...but anything's possible girl.

Peppermint oil is an essential oil. Its too strong to use straight so you have to use a carrier oil with it such as EVOO as locabouthair suggested, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, etc. You can use it a number of ways. I add it to my poos and condish's. It's heaven when DCing with heat. Feels nice and tingly, refreshing after you rinse it out. Be careful not to use too much...the vapor will burn your eyes.

Last edited:
Yeah, peppermint oil is a stimulant and should most definitely be used by a carrier like evoo, jojoba, castor oil or the like. Also it should be massaged into your scalp for best results.

Co-signing with Loca, don't use it straight!:nono::nono: Peppermint oil is very strong and it will give you severe headaches. I add a few drops to my MN mix. You can add a few drops to whatever oil that you use on your scalp. You'll love the tingle. Remember, you only need a few drops, though.

Last edited:
I always mix my peppermint oil with rosemary, grapeseed, sweet almond oil, and a little EVOO, and organic honey along with filtered water, and it has done wonders for my hair in the past year-in regards to growth and moisture. www.motowngirl.com webpage has great recipes for hair groeth using peppermint oil.Hope this helps:look: Good luck to you and happy hair growth:yep:

What she said...I sometimes put a dab on my finger if I'm experiencing itching in a particular spot...

I always mix my peppermint oil with rosemary, grapeseed, sweet almond oil, and a little EVOO, and organic honey along with filtered water, and it has done wonders for my hair in the past year-in regards to growth and moisture. www.motowngirl.com webpage has great recipes for hair groeth using peppermint oil.Hope this helps:look: Good luck to you and happy hair growth:yep:

Thanks for sharing , NigerianGirl. Those are great recipes.:yep:

Thank you ladies so much for the responses! Thanks for the link to the site NigerianGirl. This is definitely a keeper. Your hair is gorgeous. Arr your right on point about using the peppermint oil for itches. Now whenever I get an itch Im gonna be running to get the peppermint oil instead of the seabreeze lol

Co-signing with above posters. :yep:

You can also:

Add it to your DCs and sit under the hooded dryer for a sensation much like a scalp massage! :lick:

Add it to leave-ins and hair milks for a great tingling feeling and fresh scent! :lick:

LMAO @ growing from 2.5 inches to APL by the end of the year...but anything's possible girl.

Peppermint oil is an essential oil. Its too strong to use straight so you have to use a carrier oil with it such as EVOO as locabouthair suggested, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, etc. You can use it a number of ways. I add it to my poos and condish's. It's heaven when DCing with heat. Feels nice and tingly, refreshing after you rinse it out. Be careful not to use too much...the vapor will burn your eyes.

I can hope and pray for the length right? :look:lol that is all I need in my regimen now. Just send up some prayers to God. I am armed with all of the right tools all I need is a little supernatural touch on my head.

Co-signing with above posters. :yep:

You can also:

Add it to your DCs and sit under the hooded dryer for a sensation much like a scalp massage! :lick:

Add it to leave-ins and hair milks for a great tingling feeling and fresh scent! :lick:

Just the mere thought of adding this to my DC's sounds splendid lol. I think Im spoiled now as is my scalp. I cant wait until my next wash and deep condition

You can mix it an anything. Mix it with the Grapeseed.I even mix it into deep conditioners for a growth mask.

Last edited:

Thanks for the link! :grin:

I use PO in my homemade UBH conditioner. I keep the entire container in the fridge, so its nice and cold and tingly when on my head :lick: To much will make you feel a little crazy though, too much tingle!!

Back