Ok ok....I'm sold on the henna too!

MissFallon

I put in a henna treatment about 2 weeks ago then got my hair braided immediately. Initially I thought that the henna wasn't worth it cuz I saw no difference. I took the braids out last and realized that my hair was crazy thick. I washed my hair and flexi-rod set it which ended up horribly:ohwell: . However, I flat ironed after and realized that my hair is 3x thicker than normal. It looks like a completely different head of hair. It is crazy thick and has lots of body. Usually I can get my hair to lay incredibly flat but today it was so thick that it looked like I put tracks in. This is so different for me because my hair will look thick initially and then when I flat iron it it looks flat. So, i'm sold on the henna. I will be doing another treatment at the end of this week. Also on another note, I'm grazing bsl now and I think my hair will get back to bsl b4 Feb:D Special thanks to JLove for all the info on the henna:)

I used about 50g of henna powder, some boiling water, 2 caps of Amla and added some Cholesterol.

Last edited:
the only weird thing about it is that I didn't get the shine that everyone else was talking about. Its a lot thicker but not shiny. I think it could also have to do with the fact that my hair is off black and the henna gave it a weird brown color so its not brown and not black but somewhere in between.

VWVixxen said:
Glad to hear you had such great results w/henna! Welcome to the Henna Club!

VWVixxen your hair in your siggy looks FANTASTIC :love: :love:

@MissFallon, I'm glad the henna worked for you, can't say I saw any improvements really at all... I've tried it twice. The first time, I didn't get any colour (which was what I was after) and I seemingly had no breakage at all (but not sure it was due to the henna though) then a week later I tried my second treatment, and I had a 'slight' colour and more breakage than previously, so dunno what to think :confused:

Not sure whether I should try it again?

Last edited:
I kinda feel the same way. I don't see that red that everyone else saw which although I wasnt after initially I was kinda looking for. Also I noticed no breakage when I washed last night but I also used Jason's Natural Thin-to-thick and prepood with amla oil, glycerin and castor oil. I will try the henna alone w/o the other stuff and if my hair isn't looking thicker than I will prolly just quit using it. I think the henna did help with the shedding though because when I took the braids out I had barely any shedding and no breakage and it was thicker. I doubt the braid spray did that.

Back