Ok, my thoughts on scientists and terminal length!

• Thread starter Thread starter chica_canella
  • Start date Start date
C

chica_canella

I was thinking really hard about this. Long and hard.

we know that scientists say that a person's terminal length depends on their genetics and say the shortest is two inches. But how can they really know? Studies show that white hair products are tested more than black hair care products, I know it's sad.

But do scientists really study black hair? I mean, if they were to do a study and shave a black woman's head and then say I'll see you in two years and it is only shoulder length then that is what they assume the length is. I mean, the may just easily accept that some people have a two year hair terminal length but it may be really that the person isn't reaching their full potential because of their hair pracices.

So just because they may see that a race of people have mostly shoulder length hair may lead them to the conclusion that their terminal length is shorter than others. I mean, how else could scientists come up with the conclusion that some people have a two year terminal length. It's not like they are watching their hair practices and telling them to moisturize and baby those ends.:lol:

They can't look at a follicle under a microscope, or can they? Two years just sounds very short to me and for some reason I think they are talking about Africans or those of African descent.:perplexed

And what about this? the ladies who maximize their hair growth by using aids such as BT or vitamins. I use BT and Vitamins and if my terminal growth period is determined by years and not how long the hair is, then if my terminal length is 4 years and I usually get six inches but because of aids get 12 inches per year. Then my hair has been tricked into growing longer becuase it depends on the time not the length of hair.

So instead of 24 at the end of 4 years I'd have 12X4 which is 48.:eek:

terminal length is determined by the length of the hair growth/rest cycles

hair will stop growing and fall out...it's inevitable...that's what it does.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.

"terminal length is determined by the length of the hair growth/rest cycles"

So are you saying it is determined by the hair length or rest cycle? I mean a person can maximize the hair length they earn in a growth cyle and still have three years. But they just did things to gain more growth.

But if I understand you correctly, you are saying that you're hair will reach a certain length and stop growing meaning that someone could reach 24 inches but their termimal time period may not be up.

Do you get what I'm saying?

Back