Ok, my hair is rebelling......

lizzyb168

Im transitioning and im currenty 9 months post. I use Cantu Shea Butter leave in, which i love and have been using it since november but In the past couple of weeks my hair has been gettin dry really quick.

For example, my wash days are wednesdays. So i will shampoo my hair, use a mositurising/protein conditioner, towel dry my hair, apply the leave in and then twist/braid my hair and put it in two big cornrows. Litterally 3 hours later, my hair will feel dry. The next day, i will undo the cornrows, remositurise my hair and then redo the cornrows. A couple of hours later, dry again. And when i say dry i mean DRY. Its like its extra thirsty for some reason.

Also lately, i have been really thirsty myself, drinking anything i can get my hands on.

I dont know what the problem is. I have been plaiting and twisting my hair since october, so i dont think its that, but only recently have i then been putting it into two big cornrows.

I dont really want to switch my leave in, but i may have too.

Anyone got any advice?!

Sounds like your hair may have protein over load. As for you thirst, extreme thirst can be a symptom of diabetes. If you have access to a blood meter, it wouldn't hurt to check your sugar count.

My hair is not hard and isnt breaking, so i dont think its a protein overload. But i will check my sugar levels for diabetes. I dont know if i can get a blood meter so ill just go to the doctors.

OP you describe the way my hair would behave with Shea butter. It'd feel nice and soft on application but dry into something as rough and hard as steel wool. The only thing that keeps my hair soft and moisturized for days is S Curl. If applied to damp hair, say after a wash, it dries up hard but if I reapply on the now-dry hair, then plait and baggy my hair for the night, I wake up to soft easily combed hair that stays soft for days. I do not need to apply S Curl again till wash day, as long as I baggy every night. Also S Curl doesn't feel greasy or sticky on my hair. Just makes hair feel moist but not in a way that is icky.

@lizzyb168

it could be the shampoo. if your shampooing every wash. for my hair it's never as moisturized when i shampoo.

or maybe you need some type of oils. i use coconut oil. (i bought it from gnc ) and put it in my hair after i condition while my hair is soaking wet. and when my hair dries. it stays moisturized. HTH. <3.

Back