Ok it's Slow Motion, but it's growing.....pics

sheba125

I've made some progress, my ends are still thin and scraggly, but they have been and were much worst until i found this board. Progress pic in my album

Any suggestions on how to get my ends thicker? I plan on trimming next touch up about 8 weeks from now, until then is there anything i can do to plump them up? Thanks.......

Last edited:
Re: Ok it's Slow Motion, but it's growing.....

Are they damaged..... or just thin? Well to give a temporary "illusion" of thickness, you can try Henna.... a black rinse......... make sure you roller set but dont blow-out or use a flat iron all the way to the ends. Biotin and MTG also helped me thicken my strands from root to tip. But if the ends are damaged/split than trimming is really the best option, as you have already stated. HTH.

Re: Ok it's Slow Motion, but it's growing.....

I think your best bet would be to trim. It dosen't have to be a huge trim, just dustings if you don't want to trim much. However, if your ends are damaged it's best if they go because they're doing more harm than good. While in high school I hung onto damaged ends and my hair never grew past a certain point and when I started doing regular trims it took off. Just remember that it will grow back and you will retain more length with healthy ends.

Also as Kinikakes said, you can try different styles to make your hair appear fuller on the ends such as roller sets.

Trimming those damaged ends off are key. I would suggest a good trim to prevent holding on to a head full of dead damaged hair. Trust me your hair will progress from there.

Protect those ends as much as possible. I know a lot of people run from moisturizing their hair and that makes damage worse. If you like to wear your hair out...try alternating between wearing your hair out and wearing it in protective styles. Hope that helps you :)

Your hair looks lovely.
As to your ends, I'd suggest you look into what is causing the breakage.
It doesnt look to me like you have unhealthy ends....
It just looks like your bun (or somethingsimilar) has been breaking your hair in the middle.
Unless you actually cut your hair (not trim) i cant see your hair evening up.
I'd suggest loads of TLC and extreme caution with the uneven area of your hair. Little or no trimming untill you have more length then even up

Good luck:)

Henrietta said:
Your hair looks lovely.
As to your ends, I'd suggest you look into what is causing the breakage.
It doesnt look to me like you have unhealthy ends....
It just looks like your bun (or somethingsimilar) has been breaking your hair in the middle.
Unless you actually cut your hair (not trim) i cant see your hair evening up.
I'd suggest loads of TLC and extreme caution with the uneven area of your hair. Little or no trimming untill you have more length then even up

Good luck:)

Thanks, I was thinking the same exact thing.

Back