Ok, I'm sorry PJ's, but I have to tell you...

Morenita

If you haven't tried two of the best cone-free, detangling products out there, you're missing out!!!

I waited as long as I could to post this, but after using Qhemet's Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee for the first time yesterday, I'm just :infatuated: It's super creamy, it's moisturizing, and it smells like cocoa butter!!! :lick: I love, love LOVE this stuff! Go get a sample lol :look:

Also, I have to rant about Curl Junkie's Banana and Hibiscus D/C. I an on the road to cone-freedom, and did so much research. I did some trial and error on some products and spent waaaay too much money, but in the end this was the winner by 10,000 miles. It detangles like it has cones, but it doesn't. I think it's the bananas that gives the incredible slip. It smells soo yummy that I want to eat it.

I hope they never stop making these two new staples of mine. I'll just :thud:

I am glad it worked for you. you are relaxed, correct????

For me - a nappy, it does not work well.

Well, I'm transitioning - 8 months in. My relaxed hair is a really weird combination atm. It's reverting, which is something that happens to my hair over time after not relaxing for a while. My whole head is somewhere between a 2b-3c/4a.

I'm raving about these products because they literally eliminates the issues that I have with my transitioning tangles...which anyone who knows who's done a long-term transition...are a nightmare. My siggy is my maxi-glided hair, which took over an hour:perplexed:

Last edited:
Cones = silicones. They're controversial. Anything in a product ingredient list that has the ending -cone, is a cone. Products with cones in them detangle well usually, but they cause build-up on your hair, causing you to in-turn shampoo, which sucks moisture from your hair. It's a vicious cycle. They work for some people, and not for others.

I am relaxed and it did not work for me either.

I am going to go ahead and get rid of mine.

Okay there are only 3 of us that don't care for it. :lol:

Good Lord, send it to meeee! Lol :look:

I'm sorry it didn't work for you ladies. Guess that goes to show everything ain't for everybody right? :ohwell:

Cones = silicones. They're controversial. Anything in a product ingredient list that has the ending -cone, is a cone. Products with cones in them detangle well usually, but they cause build-up on your hair, causing you to in-turn shampoo, which sucks moisture from your hair. It's a vicious cycle. They work for some people, and not for others.

Oooh I see thank u for the info :grin:

I am relaxed and it did not work for me either.

I am going to go ahead and get rid of mine.

Okay there are only 3 of us that don't care for it. :lol:

We both loved the OO detangler from QB and if you don't like this I am not buying it.

Thanks HD.

i hate it when you do this to me...our hair seems to like the same stuff...do you like it as much as the Mixed Chicks DC? Does it give as much slip? Both of them?

Tsk, tsk. You should know better. You just came on here and told everyone to try the new and latest crack,heroine, meth. I also like your screen name. A friend of mine's mother calls me morenita...she can't think of my name I think!

Back