Ok, I'm Officially CoNfuSeD!

FlawedBeauty

I am confused about something :perplexed . I have read some threads that say some women use different kinds of oils to moisturize their hair and how great it works. But in one of the Stickys I remember reading that oils have molecules or something that are too large to penetrate the hair so they are best used after a moisturizer to lock in the moisture. So can you or can't u moisturize with oils? thanks

Jojoba Oil

What it is: An oil with a molecular structure small enough to penetrate the hair and scalp; What it does: Moisturizes. Product pick: Barry Fletcher Liquid Moisture ($12.50, 9 oz, [800] 353-8244).

I've taken this information from the following web page:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1264/is_10_33/ai_97117947

I use jojoba oil, as far as what I've read, it does penetrate the hair shaft. It also has done wonders for my hair so I can't complain!!

mahogany66 said:
I consider oils nourishers and sealers and I use them to lock in moisture.

Yup...... what she said. :p

Also, if you havent already, do refer to SistaSlick's stickied thread Hair Breakage 101. Its very helpful!

The reason jojoba seems to break the rule of oil not being able to penetrate is that jojoba technically isn't an oil. Neither is the sebum produced by your scalp and skin. They are actually types of waxes. They act like oils most of the time and they feel oily so we just casually call them oil.

Hmmmm, I learn something knew everday here just about, thanks BC.
BlackCardinal said:
The reason jojoba seems to break the rule of oil not being able to penetrate is that jojoba technically isn't an oil. Neither is the sebum produced by your scalp and skin. They are actually types of waxes. They act like oils most of the time and they feel oily so we just casually call them oil.

Back