Ok I need just a little help please and then I will leave everyone alone

bellezanegra826

Let me start by saying that this forum is a breath of fresh air and I thoroughly enjoy coming here everyday (make that several times a day). With that said I was hoping that you all could give me some insight into this routine that I am devising. My main goal is to have full/thick hair so to acheive this I will wash with pantene full and thick at least 2 times per week (when time permits). There is a full/thick hair spray that pantene puts out that is supposed to help with thickness, I will be spraying this on my hair just before I roller set it. Each time I roller set I will use this spray. To encourage growth I will be taking 3,000 mcg of biotin and using Mtg daily. I decided on the pantene line because it is something I am familiar with and pantene seems to like my hair. Here is my routine in short:

Co/regular washes with pantene full and thick at least 2x per week
rollersets with full and thick spray
3,000mcg of biotin dialy
daily mtg use

So all of you long hair geniuses, please tell me what I should do to improve my routine. This is the first time I have actually sat down to organize my hair goals and I think I need some buddies to keep me focused. Again thank you all for being so professional and I welcome all of your advice!

you're regimen seems o.k to me, but are you making sure to deep condition at least 1x per week? I can't comment on the pantene b/c I'm not familiar with their products. The biotin is definitely good for helping to thicken your hair, b5 is great also.

I used to use the pantene shampoo and conditioner a few years ago The one with the green writing before they changed the formula and I loved it up until then. I'm not familiar with the leave-in spray that you are using to rollerset your hair, but if it's working then stay with it. My only advise would be to find an oil/moisturizer to seal and protect your ends as well. Good luck and keep us posted!!

bellezanegra826 said:
what would be a good moisturizer for my ends?

Natural carrier oils such as jojoba mixed with essential oils such as rosemary, lavender, sweet orange, peppermint or eucalpytus (sp?).

Shea, avocado, & mango butters mixed together.

Elasta QP's mango butter or Elasta's recovery oil lotion are all good!:)

well I think by you washing it often is good for growth. I'd suggest to not use so much poo since u wash twice a week. I mix a teaspoon full of poo with water and squirt on my hair. Or perhaps to poo once a week and to cow the other wash. Hey and if pantene is working for your hair then by all means keep using it. But it didn't work for my hair because of dryness it always caused. if u read the ingredients (i'm talking about the relaxed & natural) you will see that it uses BOTH of the harshest, most drying cleansing agents, which totally made me throw my bottles away.

I'll also cosign on the EQP recovery oil mosturiser. it's great, it's very similiar to UBH moisturizer except it contains a lil protein. good luck on your hair goals!

I tried relaxed and natural and it didn't seem to be good for me. Is mtg a moisturizer b/c it sure is oily. I have been using wondergro shea butter spray for added moisture but I just use it when my hair looks dry not like a specified number of times per week. Also what is your opinion on 2 in 1 shampoos b/c that is what I am using? Should I still dilute it?

Back