ok - I have a confession to make- please don't throw rocks at me!

nomoweavesfome

ok ya'll I did the most ultimate no-no out of em all. I henna'd and Indigo'ed my hair thursday for the first time. I had ok results but not impressed. It felt like I had a deep conditioner and it was very well conditioned.

Today, I did a corrective with ORS no-lye after being 4 weeks post with silk elements lye. :eek:

Wait that's not it, I also put adore jet black rinse right after doing ors replenish pack treatment, poo'd, and did ors again with hair mayonaise again and now I'm under the dryer with the treatment on with plastic cap.:eek:

Inspite of it all, I had very minimal shedding. About 8 hairs. pretty impressive considering all that I did to my precious mane today.

my results::grin:

why o why did I not use this relaxer a looooong time ago!!!!!!! my hair is silky straight and smooth. It is soft like butter and it feels so much better. I should have listen to all of you ORS users. My hair feels and LOOKS great!!
Now, am I afraid it will fall out? absolutely!
If it does at least I know I can start over with ORS because it's what my hair needed along.
I do have to get used to the feeling afterwards, which IS DIFFERENT than the feeling after a lye. It feels more "coaty" so to speak. But I will ensure that I keep my hair up so it won't snap. ya'll pray for me.

To be honest, I think HENNA saved me. Do you think I can continue to HENNA with the rinse and all??
ORS from now on baby!!!
NEXT RELAXER= February(hopefully)

I'm glad you had such great results..I do have a question though, why do you need to use a rinse when you have henna? I thought henna colored your hair?

sherylin123 said:
I'm glad you had such great results..I do have a question though, why do you need to use a rinse when you have henna? I thought henna colored your hair?

girl my hair laughed at that indigo. It got a little darker but you could still see the red undertone and I just hated it. I wanted jet black hair like now, and just did not have the patience to go some more rounds with that and plus it was a nauseating mess. I left it on for almost 4 hours and my hair took it for a joke.

I did like the henna though somewhat and would be willing to do it again for conditioning purposes - just scurred after all this.

nomoweavesfome said:
ok ya'll I did the most ultimate no-no out of em all. I henna'd and Indigo'ed my hair thursday for the first time. I had ok results but not impressed. It felt like I had a deep conditioner and it was very well conditioned.

Today, I did a corrective with ORS no-lye after being 4 weeks post with silk elements lye. :eek:

Wait that's not it, I also put adore jet black rinse right after doing ors replenish pack treatment, poo'd, and did ors again with hair mayonaise again and now I'm under the dryer with the treatment on with plastic cap.:eek:

Inspite of it all, I had very minimal shedding. About 8 hairs. pretty impressive considering all that I did to my precious mane today.

why o why did I not use this relaxer a looooong time ago!!!!!!! my hair is silky straight and smooth. It is soft like butter and it feels so much better. I should have listen to all of you ORS users. My hair feels and LOOKS great!!
If it does at least I know I can start over with ORS because it's what my hair needed along.
I do have to get used to the feeling afterwards, which IS DIFFERENT than the feeling after a lye. It feels more "coaty" so to speak. But I will ensure that I keep my hair up so it won't snap. ya'll pray for me.

To be honest, I think HENNA saved me. Do you think I can continue to HENNA with the rinse and all??
ORS from now on baby!!!

Why did your Silk Elements only last four weeks? Were you underprocessed initially or did your hair grow really quickly which would be a good thing? Also, did you use the ORS regular or extra-strength? Sorry, I am asking so many questions, but I am self-relaxing for the first time next week. My hair has grown nicely (9 week stretch). In addition, I am going back home on next Fri. (all of you know that everyone is going to be checking me out to see if I've been "taking care of myself" in Cali:lol: ), so I want to look nice.

I don't think what you did is that bad...

I think, the henna strengthened your hair for the relaxer.
And the rinse doesn't have any bad chemicals in,
and a good deep condition (or 2;) ) to finish :D

I think all the stuff you read about not switching between lye and no-lye is crap. I know people on here have done it before with no adverse effects.

mango387 said:
Why did your Silk Elements only last four weeks? Were you underprocessed initially or did your hair grow really quickly which would be a good thing? Also, did you use the ORS regular or extra-strength? Sorry, I am asking so many questions, but I am self-relaxing for the first time next week. My hair has grown nicely (9 week stretch). In addition, I am going back home on next Fri. (all of you know that everyone is going to be checking me out to see if I've been "taking care of myself" in Cali:lol: ), so I want to look nice.

it's ok - I don't mind the ???
The silk elements had me twisted. Some parts came out straight but not silky straight and the rest still underprocessed. This has been my story with lye relaxers. Burning and Underprocessed. Mind you when I did my touch up 4 weeks ago I was already 12 + weeks post with 3 incehes of underprocessed hair. My strands were :

ends- straight
toward ends underprocessed straight
middle totally underprocessed
toward scalp @ 75% straight

my hair is super fine so I used Normal, not Super.
my hair did grow @ 1/4 inch but I worked carefull to not get the newgrowth. I did somehwhat ok with that except the back because the last time i permed the back I purposely underprocessed te nape because of ezema, this time I got it straight.

Yes ORS is great. I LOVE IT! It is the only relaxer i've used that actually leaves my hair looking like the lady's on the box! I've only used it about 3 times but I know that i love it.

quick question: what is a corrective?

ak46 said:
Yes ORS is great. I LOVE IT! It is the only relaxer i've used that actually leaves my hair looking like the lady's on the box! I've only used it about 3 times but I know that i love it.

quick question: what is a corrective?

corrective is when you correct the underproceesed parts. Now I am all silky straight all over and the best thing is that it's not EXACTLY BONE STRAIGHT, but close enough to it!!!!:grin: @90-95% AND you wanna know the best thing of it all?????????????????:grin: :grin: :grin:

IT DIDN'T BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could do a hallelujia Praise Dance on that one alone by itself!!

nomoweavesfome said:
Today, I did a corrective with ORS no-lye after being 4 weeks post with silk elements lye. :eek: ...
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :spank: i'm in shock. After all that we taught you over here and now this! oh lordy lord i need a seat...

caribeandiva said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :spank: i'm in shock. After all that we taught you over here and now this! oh lordy lord i need a seat...

lol - no but wait!!! lol I had to do it. I just had to. My hair was breaking off from the underprocessed parts and I just simply couldn't do the lye again. I was going to wait it out but the breakage was too much. It was risky I know but I had to to try it. I feel better I did.

nomoweavesfome said:
lol - no but wait!!! lol I had to do it. I just had to. My hair was breaking off from the underprocessed parts and I just simply couldn't do the lye again. I was going to wait it out but the breakage was too much. It was risky I know but I had to to try it. I feel better I did.

:ohwell: hmmm... OK THEN! you're forgiven. anything in the name of hair health!

nomoweavesfome said:

ORS from now on baby!!!

Glad to hear that the ORS Relaxer worked well for you. I :love: :love: that relaxer. I just used it for the second time, last night, and I've fallen even more in love. ORS has my devotion!!! :lol:

Back