Ok...Henna is EXPENSIVE!

I recommend fromnaturewithlove.com - I got henna from them, and it was better than the henna from hennaforhair.com - smooth, FAST dye release - easy to wash out - and no worries about crazy fraud!!!!

I buy large amounts so I can get free shipping, and put the bags in the freezer.

nappywomyn said:
I recommend fromnaturewithlove.com - I got henna from them, and it was better than the henna from hennaforhair.com - smooth, FAST dye release - easy to wash out - and no worries about crazy fraud!!!!

I buy large amounts so I can get free shipping, and put the bags in the freezer.

I have to second this. It's the best henna I've tried. I also buy enough to last me a while and put the bags in the freezer. Just a heads up though that FNWL charges a small order fee for orders under 20 or 25 dollars (can't remember which). So just keep that in mind. I buy other products from them, so I just purchase all of what I need every few weeks. Also there is an LHCF discount code for them as a sticky at the top of this forum. :)

deniseloc said:
Hello Madison

I have purchased Reshma brand for 2.99 200g in LA at Aladdin Sweats & Market Inc. It is located on Vermont Ave. between 1st and 3rd street.

Thanks, Deniseloc!

I will try this place. I just ordered 3 lbs of henna plus 2 oz Amla oil from www.fromnaturewithlove for $37. So, when this runs out I'll start looking locally. But if FNWL product is better...maybe I'll stick with it. I just need to find a cheaper supplier of Indigo then. I bought 300 grams from www.hennasooq.com and it was $30. I was told this would be enough for about one application since my hair is thick and about 2 inches from WL.

Sista doesn't need to spend $30 bucks for ONE application! :eek:

MadisonK said:
Thanks, Deniseloc!

I will try this place. I just ordered 3 lbs of henna plus 2 oz Amla oil from www.fromnaturewithlove for $37. So, when this runs out I'll start looking locally. But if FNWL product is better...maybe I'll stick with it. I just need to find a cheaper supplier of Indigo then. I bought 300 grams from www.hennasooq.com and it was $30. I was told this would be enough for about one application since my hair is thick and about 2 inches from WL.

Sista doesn't need to spend $30 bucks for ONE application! :eek:

you can purchase indigo from

http://www.indian-herbs-exporters.com/henna-tattoos.html

you can get 1000 g of indigo for $30 (shipping included)

imstush said:
Similar thing happened to me when I ordered some Vatika oil. I have to pull up the thread to see if this is the same store I ordered from. Too much of a coincidence that I had $500 of fraudelant purchases and they were all Indian Cell phone carriers. :mad:

:eek: Wow! I had most for Office Depot but yes they are purchases for some kind of international call-like carriers. sipphone, paltalk, rapidshare (ebay). When I checked the ebay one it said something about Indian clients!:mad:

I'm sorry for the hijack. I did repost in the Vendor Review Forum. If you can, please post your experience from them in that thread too. Thanks.

destiny616 said:
you can purchase indigo from

http://www.indian-herbs-exporters.com/henna-tattoos.html

you can get 1000 g of indigo for $30 (shipping included)

Thanks, destiny616!

I went to the website. It's not very user friendly...or it might just be me. Anyway, I see 100% Natural Indigo Powder for Hair, 100 grams for $5. It doesn't say BAQ though. It comes out to 600 grams for $30. That's better than what i paid.

Have you ordered from them before? Did you like the Indigo?

thanks!

MadisonK said:
Thanks, destiny616!

I went to the website. It's not very user friendly...or it might just be me. Anyway, I see 100% Natural Indigo Powder for Hair, 100 grams for $5. It doesn't say BAQ though. It comes out to 600 grams for $30. That's better than what i paid.

thanks!

Indigo willl never be BAQ as it is not used to dye the skin, the dyes in it don't affix to the skin very well (or the hair either, that's why henna needs to be somewhere in the indigoing process, it helps give the dye something to hold on to). If it is 100 pure indigo it should be safe, just remember your strand test!

buttaflye03 said:
:eek: Wow! I had most for Office Depot but yes they are purchases for some kind of international call-like carriers. sipphone, paltalk, rapidshare (ebay). When I checked the ebay one it said something about Indian clients!:mad:

I'm sorry for the hijack. I did repost in the Vendor Review Forum. If you can, please post your experience from them in that thread too. Thanks.

Mine were for Airtel, Raketu, AT&T (I don't have/use AT&T) and iconnecthere.com. BUt I am heading over to Vendor Review Forum now.

SohoHair said:
Indigo willl never be BAQ as it is not used to dye the skin, the dyes in it don't affix to the skin very well (or the hair either, that's why henna needs to be somewhere in the indigoing process, it helps give the dye something to hold on to). If it is 100 pure indigo it should be safe, just remember your strand test!

Ahh...I see. Thanks!

MadisonK said:
Ok...I bought some henna and indigo today. I had no idea this stuff was so expensive. Does anyone know how you can buy it cheaper?!!

I went to the local Indian store, but the boxes were dirty and I've never heard the brands mentioned on the forum. I don't feel comfortable buying them.

Any ideas?

thanks!

I got Dabur AMLA Oil (unopened) for $5 on ebay.. Just a suggestion

WillyGWifey said:
I got Dabur AMLA Oil (unopened) for $5 on ebay.. Just a suggestion

I buy tons of stuff off of Ebay. I don't know why I didn't think of them. I wonder if you can buy henna off of Ebay...hmmm.

Thanks, for idea!

MadisonK said:
Thanks, destiny616!

thanks!

i have ordered from them before, i received my products within 2 weeks

here's the link to shop b, minimum order is 500g

http://www.indian-herbs-exporters.com/online-herb-stores.html

i bought 1000g of indigo for $29.20

on the home page if you scroll down you have to select

and it will take you there

Back