OK Going back to texlaxing.....

Amarech

I have come to the grand conclusion that my poor beautiful fine strands just can't take it. I learned my lesson.

I think I was put off by the whole texlaxing option because I was using a no lye relaxer which left me quite dry. Since I'm using lye now, I think it will probably be a lot better.

It's not like I have a choice anyway. My hair was not feeling the bone straight thing anyways. And I didn't help either, this summer. Too much heat, then too much protein; I literally set myself up for disaster.

I remember a thread not to long ago where the ladies were discussing adding oil to the relaxer. I will be doing this next weekend.

I've got about an inch or so of newgrowth....

I've been relaxing with SILK ELEMENTS MILD LYE for months now. I've found I prefer manageability over bone straight. I enjoy having texture to my hair and much less breakage using mild lye.

I have been thinking of using the Mazni Butter Blend because I just leave it on long enough to loosen the curls, so I still look natural but I have manageability, But I think I will use this one, and I stretch only 12 weeks and that is as far as I will go:yep:

i am intending to tex-lax my hair in February. I have fine hair that is prone to breakage. Do you really think that lye is better than no-lye. I alo read that lye is harder on the scalp, but relaxes slower than no-lye, therefore easier on the hair? what do you think?

Lye is perfect for texlaxing. I could leave it on my hair for an hour and still come out texlaxed.:lachen: OK, maybe it's an exaggeration, but lye is good for that purpose. The hair relaxed with no lye will be different from the lye. Please be very careful switching. You will need to moisturize and condition your hair a lot more to keep your tresses happy.

Back