Ok All You MTG Users....What Am I Doing Wrong????

lbellin

Hey ya'll

I have been using MTG for the past two weeks and I have to say, I have not seen any significant hair growth. I usually put it on my scalp Monday through Friday..Friday being the day I wash my hair, but I have not seen any significant hair growth.

Am I applying incorrectly or is there a method to the madness? Help a sista out!!

I will say though when I washed my hair on Friday, my braidout came out fierce and I got so many compliments on it. Also it was as soft, and still is, as butta. It is shiny and bouncy...go figure!? I will post pics when I get home

lbellin said:
Hey ya'll

I have been using MTG for the past two weeks and I have to say, I have not seen any significant hair growth. I usually put it on my scalp Monday through Friday..Friday being the day I wash my hair, but I have not seen any significant hair growth.

Am I applying incorrectly or is there a method to the madness? Help a sista out!!

Let me be the first to say....not everything works the same for everyone.

With that having been said....you are applying it daily? Are you CO Washing or Rinsing or just reapplying and washing on Friday?

From personal experience, I've noticed that when I CO wash and reapply everyday, there is a LOT LESS growth than when I apply once and leave on for two or three days and CO wash, reapply and repeat the schedule. I've tried this off and on over the past few weeks and it is true for ME.

The bottle says to apply once a week for growth (directions for mane and tail growth). It does say that using more frequently than recommended can cause adverse reactions.

Something to consider. More is not always better.

HTH and good luck! :up:

New To The Site,but Let Me Say I Cut My Hair 05/13 And I Could Swear I Noticed Growth By The Next Time I Got My Press 05/27..my Only Issue Is Once I Put It On, My Only Option Is To Wear In A Bun B/c It's So Greasy. I Have Seen It Posted Of How Thick It's Making People Hair Here, But I Have Not Experienced That.

LaNecia said:
Let me be the first to say....not everything works the same for everyone.

Gurrrl please...you ain't the first to say it....lol.

That is the motto on this board. I learned my lesson the hard way when products worked for me ..yet, they didn't seem to work for others in the same positive way.

But seriously, it can't be repeated enough...not everything works the same for everyone. All heads are different. Some luck out....some don't. It be like dat in the hair maintenance world.

*Why do I feel like playing Earth, Wind and Fire's "Reasons?"*:ohwell:

MonaLisa said:
Gurrrl please...you ain't the first to say it....lol.

***Insert rolling of the eyes smiley here***

I know it's beyond redundant.... :(

I don't get greasy buildup with mtg, but I use products to help me. after I use mtg, I use Surge and mango butter. Then I airdry my hair by covering it with a silk scarf. no greasiy buildup for me. I hope this helps! I'm in cornrows right now and I'm dying to get them out! :lol: :ohwell: Hey, that's not funny. :look:

Natrlchallenge

I Noticed You Said That You Dont Experience Greasy Head With The Mtg. May I Ask How You Apply/ And How Much?

I don't use that much, only a dime sized amount. Then I surge and mango butter. No greasy build up in sight.

I don't experience the greasies either. I use a color applicator bottle. When I part my hair, I apply WITHOUT SQUEEZING the bottle, since it's a liquid, it comes out fairly freely. It's almost like using Elmer's glue in school, that thin line you'd use to hold down a piece of pipe cleaner (did I just date myself or what?! :lol: )

Natrlchallenge, Wow, You Are Only Using A Dime Size And Still Getting Growth. I'll Try Using Less This Week To See If I Don't Get The Greasy Head!!

I bought MTG about two and a half months ago, but I didn't use it that much. I'm back to the challenge. Also I have a vitamin regimine that I need to get serious about which consist of MSM, L-LYSINE, VITAMINE E, EVENING PRIMROSE, AND A MULTI VITAMIN. I currently use MTG once every night before I go to bed. I have cornrows and I wear a wig. In my pic that's a wig! I am four and a half weeks post relaxer tryin to stretch to 8 weeks. 12 is too long for me cause my hair starts to shed bad. I just got on the apoghee band wagon I hope this helps with shedding. I also surge every morning but I've noticed that the crown of my head gets really sore when i use it.Has anyone else experienced this?

LOL, yea you did. I apply MTG to my scalp every other day and I wash once per week. I have been using MTG with my braided styles since July 23, 2005 and as of today I have a good 2 inches of new growth and boy is it thick but easy to manage, do tell? Anyway, I will continue to use MTG for the rest of the year to see if I reach my goal by December, which I think I will, thanks to MTG!!

and currently wearing box braids (MTG every other day).
Hair goal for 2005: 5 inches past brastrap by December
http://public.fotki.com/Diane71
pm for password

*New blow out pics coming soon!*

hotlusciousl said:
I also surge every morning but I've noticed that the crown of my head gets really sore when i use it.Has anyone else experienced this?

Hotluscious,
I experienced this too. My temples were in such pain I had to stop. I just start back on the MTG last week, so I'm still awaiting some progress.

hotlusciousl said:
I bought MTG about two and a half months ago, but I didn't use it that much. I'm back to the challenge. Also I have a vitamin regimine that I need to get serious about which consist of MSM, L-LYSINE, VITAMINE E, EVENING PRIMROSE, AND A MULTI VITAMIN. I currently use MTG once every night before I go to bed. I have cornrows and I wear a wig. In my pic that's a wig! I am four and a half weeks post relaxer tryin to stretch to 8 weeks. 12 is too long for me cause my hair starts to shed bad. I just got on the apoghee band wagon I hope this helps with shedding. I also surge every morning but I've noticed that the crown of my head gets really sore when i use it.Has anyone else experienced this?

It's my understanding you're not supposed to use MTG more than twice a week, and you're ALSO not supposed to mix it with other products.

However, I do mix mine with jojoba oil to cut down on the smell, but you may want to eliminate the Surge while you're using the MTG.

Using the MTG more than recommended can also have ADVERSE effects. Your sore scalp could be one of those effects. Good luck!

Cosigning putting the MTG in and waiting a couple of days before washing. I wash twice a week and appy MTG after airdrying. I saw some growth within two weeks but I really noticed growth after four. Maybe you should give it a couple more weeks to really see if it is working for you.

Finally found a neater way to apply mtg

I finally found a neater way to apply less mtg and still receive results. Take a bottle/jar cap, and just pour enough to cover surface. Dip finger tips or qtip to apply. This method works so much better/neater than the applicator bottle, and I'm amazed at how little I used...hth

Re: Finally found a neater way to apply mtg

BBabe said:
I finally found a neater way to apply less mtg and still receive results. Take a bottle/jar cap, and just pour enough to cover surface. Dip finger tips or qtip to apply. This method works so much better/neater than the applicator bottle, and I'm amazed at how little I used...hth

What's wrong with that dog's teeth in your avatar? :lol:

You're right. I don't think you need a lot of MTG, either. It seems to "spread" :)

I MTG'd tonight, actually, and will do it again Thursday. After that, not until next Wednesday.

Back