Ojon Restorative Hair treatment

chellero

Wife Supremacist
Is it just me or is Ojon restorative hair treatment just palm oil, perfume, and preservatives? I was tempted to pay the $55 price tag until I looked over the ingredients: Elaeis Oleifera, Fragrance, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Serenoa Serrulata, Prunus Africana. The pruus africana might be worth something, but it's the last ingredient and probably doesn't do much.
I think that I could get the results from a $4 bottle of palm oil that I picked up at the health food store. Has anyone tried this product? Is it really any better than a hot oil treatment using palm, castor, olive or coconut oil?

I did try to Ojon, but I could not handle the price and I wondered about what else was in there. The advertisement and the packaging just didn't add up to me.

I am now using the oil from Whole Foods and I like where they purchased their palm oil. I also got the butter from Camden Grey and I am happier with these two items because they are the actual product and their prices are not to be beat.

I use the oil as an oil conditioner, you can also cook with it and the foods that I have used this with have been very tasty.

I use the butter on my hair and on my body, I rub in the butter really good because the red color could do some interesting things to your clothes.

I just purchased these in August and am so pleased that they will be a main staple in my hair regimen.

I have a personal challenge going this year to use mainly natural or Ayurvedic products and these fit in those guidelines very nicely and they have multiple uses.

I did try to Ojon, but I could not handle the price and I wondered about what else was in there. The advertisement and the packaging just didn't add up to me.

I am now using the oil from Whole Foods and I like where they purchased their palm oil. I also got the butter from Camden Grey and I am happier with these two items because they are the actual product and their prices are not to be beat.

I use the oil as an oil conditioner, you can also cook with it and the foods that I have used this with have been very tasty.

I use the butter on my hair and on my body, I rub in the butter really good because the red color could do some interesting things to your clothes.

I just purchased these in August and am so pleased that they will be a main staple in my hair regimen.

I have a personal challenge going this year to use mainly natural or Ayurvedic products and these fit in those guidelines very nicely and they have multiple uses.

So, is it the red palm oil that is in OJON? I purchased the red one from an asian health food store and I have been scared to use it because of the color.

Is it really good for the hair? Please let me know, I may just have to wrap it up good.

I got the conditioning balm or w/e thinking i could use it as a moisturizer. I can't believe I paid $25 for this. It's a piece of crap :wallbash:
My sunsilk TLC is better

Yup, save your money because it isn't all that. I used to use the whole system and it was just so-so. I liked my Kenra products much better, and over here, I can get a conditioner for the equivalent of 2 bucks that moisturizes my hair far better! Don't get me wrong, I use the high-end stuff, too, but high-end stuff that is just all hype gets on my nerves!!

So, is it the red palm oil that is in OJON? I purchased the red one from an asian health food store and I have been scared to use it because of the color.

Is it really good for the hair? Please let me know, I may just have to wrap it up good.
The Red Palm butter is great for hair. It leaves it soft and moisturized, and easy to detangle. It's definitely one of my staples.:yep:

I'm glad this thread was posted because I was wondering about Ojon too. This girl tried to get me to buy some in Ulta the other day, talkin' 'bout, "This is a good all natural product, that pretty much anyone can use." I guess she just assumed that since it was oily, black folks could use it too? Anyway, I took one look at that stuff and the price and thought it didn't look like it would do much. I'm used to purchasing high-end products like Pureology, so price isn't an issue if the quality is there. But that Ojon didn't look like nothin' but a few oils/butters mixed together and I was not about to pay $60 for that.:ohwell:

Back