Ojon Products?~~I'm a newbie =-(

almondjoi85

I got a sample of Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment in a package with my beauty.com order. I used it before I shampooed my hair and left it on for about 20 minutes without heat and I liked it....except that I couldn't shake the feeling that I smelled like a "black and mild" (its a type of not so bad smelling cigar, but none the less its still a cigar). I'm not sure if I want to use it again, but maybe if some others have had good results from the product I can try to tolerate the smell.

Oh and by the way- it costs $55 for a 5 oz. tub that comes with a small comb.

Here are the ingredients:
ELAEIS OLEIFERA (PALM) OIL, PRUNUS AFRICANA BARK EXTRACT, SERENOA SERRULATA FRUIT EXTRACT, LECITHIN, CITRONELLOL, LINALOOL, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, CITRIC ACID, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)

http://www.ojon.com/shop.php

Welcome to the board, Almondjoi85!:dance7:

I've used it and my hair felt nice and soft afterwards. Yeah, the scent is earthy, but by the time I've finished my routine and sat under the dryer, it's pretty much gone. I don't find it offensive, but it is costly. I have no complaints.

I really like Ojon products and find that they work very well. The Restorative Treatment is a gem - check out the website and view the clinical trials. In my experience and opinion, Ojon is well worth the expense ( and I love the scent).

I got a sample of Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment in a package with my beauty.com order. I used it before I shampooed my hair and left it on for about 20 minutes without heat and I liked it....except that I couldn't shake the feeling that I smelled like a "black and mild" (its a type of not so bad smelling cigar, but none the less its still a cigar). I'm not sure if I want to use it again, but maybe if some others have had good results from the product I can try to tolerate the smell.

:lachen:You are funny. That is what it smells like, too. Never thought of that! But Ojon does have some great, pricey products. I buy the Restorative when the mood strikes me and it always works great. I have red palm oil that I use all the time, though. You should try some of the other products they have, too. I loooove the Hydrating Styling Cream and the Leave In Glossing Cream. I got 2 oz sample sizes from Sephora and I have already ordered the regular sizes. The Revitalizing Mist is excellent, too!!! Great stuff!:yep:

The only Ojon products have worked for me is the restorative treatment and the revitalizing mist. I bought the treatment twice from QVC a year apart when it first came out about four years ago. I would try the red palm oil from the carribean market first. I and many others have gotten similar results from red palm oil. I have also gotten great results from camellia, monoi, avocado and meadowfoam oils -- even from a good grade of extra virgin olive oil. If you must buy the Ojon treatment, I was checking out the prices on Ebay and they were somewhat cheaper than the $55.00 retail price tag. I have seen it as a buy it now for the five ounces for like $34.00. However, I tend to think that I can buy several things with $55.00 or even $34.00 that can help me on my hair journey rather than just the one thing...You can do a search to get other opinions.

I use the restorative treatment and the ultra hydrating conditioner, both are A+ products that make my hair soft and shiny.

I put off buying Ojon for a long time, but I was desperate.
I love it. I use the Rejuvenating Treatment and the Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and conditioner. A++

Welcome to the forum.

I use the restorative treatment, the ultra hydrating shampoo and conditioner, the revitalizing spray. I really like Ojon. I alternate with Neutrogena Triple Moisture products and Frederikc Fekkai Shea Butter Hair Mask. I credit Ojon with getting me started on my "hair journey" a year ago, a couple of months before I found LHCF.

I must admit, I use a lot of Ojon myself. I have very thin, fine hair (4a) and Ojon makes my hair gorgeous. I love it every time. :grin: They've got a newer line out called the "Rare Harvest" and that seems to be even better for my hair. So, to get around the price, I ask for gift certificates on Christmas and my birthday (and any other time someone wants to get me something) to places wher Ojon is sold. Also, Ulta always has coupons, so I use them to help with the cost also. Last, Ojon is sold at Sephora and I think I saw a thread in which Sephora is offering a 20% discount, so I will be using that as well. Once I do all this, I stock up and I can use it for at least 6 months. Hope this helps.

I must admit, I use a lot of Ojon myself. I have very thin, fine hair (4a) and Ojon makes my hair gorgeous. I love it every time. :grin: They've got a newer line out called the "Rare Harvest" and that seems to be even better for my hair. So, to get around the price, I ask for gift certificates on Christmas and my birthday (and any other time someone wants to get me something) to places wher Ojon is sold. Also, Ulta always has coupons, so I use them to help with the cost also. Last, Ojon is sold at Sephora and I think I saw a thread in which Sephora is offering a 20% discount, so I will be using that as well. Once I do all this, I stock up and I can use it for at least 6 months. Hope this helps.

So you like the newer line, "Rare Harvest", too? I've been curious about trying that.

I saw the Rare Harvest line. I figured I'd try out the original products first.
I want to get that thing with the brown bubbles in it. :lol:
YOu guys know what I mean, it's like a leave in sheen or gloss or something.

I think Ojon is great. I was very impressed and extremely happy because it hurt to buy even the tiny sizes. The shampoo and conditioner in the small sizes were $9 a piece and the Ojon in the lil tub was $21. That's a lot for such small sizes. Trust I will be following the directions to a T of just using a dime sized amount :lachen:

bumping to see if anyone else has tried the Rare Harvest. I am a diehard Restorative treatment girl--my hair LOVES this stuff. Is there a product from Rare Harvest that is similiar or better than the Restorative--I can't imagine?!

I'd like to know too. I really love the restorative treatment, but am curious about the rare harvest line as well. It works better? Now that would be something.

Back