OJON, Is It Really That Good?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I saw it on QVC. I wonder how good it really is. Their products are so expensive!:blush: Has anyone tried it? Is it worth buying?:look:

You'll get a lot of different answers regarding Ojon. For me, I love it, it works great on my hair and yes it's expensive. Everything I've tried from Ojon has been awesome.

No not worth it imho I still have a small jar of the hair pomade-had it for years keep forgetting about it-just reminds me of jbco and grease mixed together

I loved the conditioners and I tried it both as a relaxed head and natural. Like coffee said you'll get mixed reviews, try out one of the sample sizes sold at Sephora or Ulta and see if you like it.

i tried the conditioner and OMG it made my hair feel amazing. Do I think it's worth the price? Nope. It's got too many 'cones and some surprisingly crap-worthy ingredients. I'll stick with my AO HSR condish. In terms of performance, it comes pretty close, but what makes it better than Ojon is the all natural ingredient list and the price.

Wait... Ojon has cones in it?

Alladat money and it has cones? That's absolutely insane.

I have the shampoo-- got it from CurlMart when they were giving away a free full-sized product with every purchase-- and I was less than impressed. Let's just say it makes a good bubble bath for the kiddies. :perplexed

Last edited:
I liked the smell, but I went thru two expensive jars (lasted about 3 mo. Total) and didn't get any noticeable results. Meh. But that's my experience... Your hair might love it!

HIH

I still have the free samples that I got from Sephora a couple of months ago, damage reverse shampoo & conditioner 8.5 oz bottles. I did not care for the smell (sort of spicy but sweet like pumpkin pie). I only tried them once and I did not feel like they were worth buying. I will try them again, at least 2 more times, before giving them away though. I like to try products at least 3 times before making a decision.

It's great, but too expensive. I can keep my hair in great condition without giving up that much cash...

I used the treatment about 10(?) years ago when I was still pressed. I liked it a lot, but its too $$ for me to use it right now.

During for quest for a sulfate free shampoo, I tried Ojon's ultra hydrating shampoo...it left my hair hard and tangled. I have no desire to try any other Ojon products.

I was wondering if it was all that, why does it have cones. Also, they had no one with a kinkier texture on QVC to show how the product would work for someone with my hair type. I truly appreciate the feedback from you ladies!

I don't know about all cones, but the Tunu Elastik says it's cone free. I'll check out the bottle/ingredients. Maybe it's just silicone free and they slip the cones in elsewhere.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I have it and use it. It's not doing anything spectacular for my hair. I don't think its worth the price. But I refuse to throw away my $$$. :thatsall:

I just finished braiding my hair after using Ojon Damage Reverse. I'm still not impressed. I could instantly tell that the shampoo had sulfates (I knew it but could feel it). My hair felt dried out. I have been using a mud shampoo bar so the difference was drastic. I used the Ojon Damage Reverse conditioner too, left it on for a few hours with a plastic cap. I rinsed it out using cool water and set my hair as usual. We shall see what it looks like tomorrow.

I used my regular leave-in (aussie moist concoction) and aloe vera gel. My braid out normally will last 4 - 5 days so this will be a test of how Ojon works instead of my usual shampoo bar & Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner.

I just finished braiding my hair after using Ojon Damage Reverse. I'm still not impressed. I could instantly tell that the shampoo had sulfates (I knew it but could feel it). My hair felt dried out. I have been using a mud shampoo bar so the difference was drastic. I used the Ojon Damage Reverse conditioner too, left it on for a few hours with a plastic cap. I rinsed it out using cool water and set my hair as usual. We shall see what it looks like tomorrow.

I used my regular leave-in (aussie moist concoction) and aloe vera gel. My braid out normally will last 4 - 5 days so this will be a test of how Ojon works instead of my usual shampoo bar & Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner.

naturalmanenyc How did your braid out turn out?

^^ It came out okay; however, it did not last more than 2 days. That could be due to the weather change though, not the Ojon. It has gotten cold in NYC and I do not yet have a winter hair regimen. This will be my first winter wearing my own hair out (although I did buy a new wig).

I wore my usual braid out today (same method and products as usual - not Ojon) and my hair feels dry. I may have to change my regimen for winter.

I tried the Ojon Damage Reverse Plus last night under my steamer and my hair felt like straw when I rinsed it out. I had to follow it up with AOHSR and it softened back up.. I am considering mixing it in with other conditioners next time or taking it back to the store...

Back