Oily pillows....

domniqqt

What do I need to do at night so that I wont wake up with oil on my pillows in the morning. I was thinking of not putting castor oil or bt in my hair at night any more...lol.. I just don't know what to do. I looked at my pillow this morning and was grossed out. I just changed my sheet **** yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wallbash:

You can do one of three things:

*Sleep with a plastic cap on your head
Secure it with a headband and fold the elastic part of it over the headband
Then put your bonnet/scarf on

* Sleep with a scarf (doubled) and a bonnet

* Don't put oil on your head at night lol

What do I need to do at night so that I wont wake up with oil on my pillows in the morning. I was thinking of not putting castor oil or bt in my hair at night any more...lol.. I just don't know what to do. I looked at my pillow this morning and was grossed out. I just changed my sheet **** yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wallbash:

Please be careful with that. I had the same problem and i had to stop oiling my hair at night. My pillowcases are very dark and my room has poor lighting so i didn't realize how oily my pillowcases were. I broke out into 5 huge painful pimples from this. :nono:
Try oiling only in the morning or wearing a plastic cap under your satin scarf - baggy your head. HTH

I usually moisturize my hair a couple of hours before bed and haven't had that problem. Do you think you are putting too much in your hair? I sleep with a scalp and a satin pollowcase.

I also use very little oil and oil it a few hours before bed so it can absorb. I find that if I do it too soon, it just gets squeezed out onto my scarf,pillows, etc. I used a spray and wash for set in stains (little dark blue bottle) It works well.

I sleep in a plastic cap, but I think I'm going to use saran wrap, because the cap moves a little too much. I'm also going to use the plastic covers from the dry cleaners to wrap my pillow with, and make some "disposable" covers, because I must use my Amla oil at night!!!

You can do one of three things:

*Sleep with a plastic cap on your head
Secure it with a headband and fold the elastic part of it over the headband
Then put your bonnet/scarf on

* Sleep with a scarf (doubled) and a bonnet

* Don't put oil on your head at night lol

Well it is decided...no oil at night ever again. Will the oil wash out of my pillows???????????????????????????? :nono:

I had to stop using oil at night. I am a wild sleeper and it is all I can do to keep my head wrap on at night.:lachen:

So when I need to oil my hair for a few hours I set aside the time. I have to allow at least two hours of dry time for my hair before I go to bed or I will have wet, stained or oily pillows. Made the mistake of going to bed after doing an Indigo one night with some oil still left in my head. That was not a pretty site the next morning. :ohwell:

There are some things recommended that are very good ideas, but they just do not work for me so I either adapt and adjust or don't do them at all.

Just depends. :look:

Please be careful with that. I had the same problem and i had to stop oiling my hair at night. My pillowcases are very dark and my room has poor lighting so i didn't realize how oily my pillowcases were. I broke out into 5 huge painful pimples from this. :nono:
Try oiling only in the morning or wearing a plastic cap under your satin scarf - baggy your head. HTH

Shoot I just got my face pimple free.. I am not about to take any more chances. It hurts just thinking about it.

Do you put a lot of oil in your hair?To seal I use a dime sized amount of castor oil. I also sleep in a satin scarf and a cap. I usually put in more oil the day before wash day. I haven't noticed my pillows being very oily.

Do you put a lot of oil in your hair?To seal I use a dime sized amount of castor oil. I also sleep in a satin scarf and a cap. I usually put in more oil the day before wash day. I haven't noticed my pillows being very oily.

yeah, I bt my scalp and put castor oil oil over may hair and then afro detangler....a mess i know.:nono:

I usually moisturize my hair a couple of hours before bed and haven't had that problem. Do you think you are putting too much in your hair? I sleep with a scalp and a satin pollowcase.

Ditto this.

Unless you are applying so much oil for a specific purpose and time period that sounds like way too much oil.

I also sleep with a scarf and I haven't had problems with oily pillow cases. If I'm doing a special hot oil treatment I put a shower cap and then tie my hair with a scarf.

Well, I baggy my ends after oiling them, then I use a scarf.
I also change my pillow cases daily. My skin is pimple free since the more frequent changes.

I have regular cotton pillow protectors that I use and put on the pillow under the pillowcase. Maybe there are plastic ones you could buy. Check Bed, Bath, and Beyond or Linens and Things.

Maybe you should try sleeping with a towel on your pillows to absorb the moisture.

Microfiber towels are quite soft if you have sensitive skin (like I do) if you're worried about facial irritation.

Maybe you should try sleeping with a towel on your pillows to absorb the moisture.

Microfiber towels are quite soft if you have sensitive skin (like I do) if you're worried about facial irritation.

ITA. This is what I do and it helps a lot. Most of the time I don't have a problem with oil but if I've just washed and conditioned my hair and put in twists, my hair will be very wet and oily that first night.

Sometimes I moisturize/seal when I get home from work in the early evening and then put back into my protective style (bun, donut, roll- why are all my protective styles pastries!!!:grin:). If I need to I can moisturize/seal again in the morning before work and that gives me roughly 12 hours between each moisture/seal episode.

HAHAHA:lachen:I have the oily pillow syndrome too!
I still oil my hair at night, but after I wrap it up as usual, I sleep with a towel over the pillow.
My SO asked me why I do it, and I told him and he just looked confused!:perplexed
I use the hand towel size, and I change them regularly to save my face (I don't need a breakout in the name of hair growth...)

I got this problem in the past to , know I found a solution , I think that I put too much oil , I sleep with a satin scarf and a silk wrap to secure it .Not very sexy at all :lachen:but my husband want a woman with long hair ....

I got this problem in the past to , know I found a solution , I think that I put too much oil , I sleep with a satin scarf and a silk wrap to secure it .Not very sexy at all :lachen:but my husband want a woman with long hair ....
what is a silk wrap?

In addition to covering the head well, I cover my pillow with a clean t-shirt. Someone on this board mentioned this and I haven't turned back since.

Just slide the pillow (with pillow case on) inside the shirt and voila!

I don't oil my hair that heavy but use the t-shirt when I'm too sleepy to wait for my wet sets to finish drying.

I will try to explain you what I call silk scarf . It a big silk matérial like " carré de soie Hermes " that I use over my satin scarf .
I hope that you will understand ...
PS : french speaker if you can help me to translate .:nono:

Back