oils

chebaby

i found that spectrum has a bunch of oils but most of the ones i want are refined. the grapeseed oil, avocado oil and almond oil are all refined. i know unrefined is best but will these oils still benifit my hair?

Thanks for asking this question. I also wanted to know. I used to use refined coconut oil, but for some reason I started breaking out along my neckline and on my face in rash like bumps. When I switched to unrefined coconut oil that problem went away. The same thing happened to my friend and when she switched to unrefined coconut oil the problem also went away. Since then I've been leaning more toward unrefined oils.

Yes refined oils will work great for sealing moisture into your hair and providing shine. But unrefined oils offer more benefits when it come to using it on our skin and in our hair. If you google unrefined vs. refined oils you will read manufacturers of each oil will advise using the unrefined for health and beauty purposes b/c unrefined has more to offer. Plus they have have all of the nutrients left in them.

Properties:
  • Moisturizes and protects skin/hair
  • Anti-fungal
  • Lends oxidative stability to formulations in which it is used
  • High in unsaponifiables, making it a wonderful oil in soaps
  • High Vitamin E content
  • When used as a carrier for essential oils, it encapsulates the oil and prevents evaporation of the volatile components.
Uses:
  • Virgin oil is an excellent superfatting agent in soaps.
  • Use it as a carrier for essential oils or oils such as neem to help deliver the oils under the skin.
  • It is a wonderful base oil for lotion, cream, body butter and lip balm formulations.
  • It can be included in hair oil formulations to condition and increase manageability and sheen.
  • It is a suitable non-greasy, non-staining massage oil.

I vote use a product that will do more for you, your hair and skin.

Last edited:
Yes refined oils will work great for sealing moisture into your hair. But unrefined oils offer more benefits when it come to using it on our skin and in our hair. If you google unrefined vs. refined oils you will read manufacturers of each oil will advise using the unrefined for health and beauty purposes b/c unrefined has more to offer. Plus they have have all of the nutrients left in them.

Properties:
  • Moisturizes and protects skin/hair
  • Anti-fungal
  • Lends oxidative stability to formulations in which it is used
  • High in unsaponifiables, making it a wonderful oil in soaps
  • High Vitamin E content
  • When used as a carrier for essential oils, it encapsulates the oil and prevents evaporation of the volatile components.
Uses:
  • Virgin oil is an excellent superfatting agent in soaps.
  • Use it as a carrier for essential oils or oils such as neem to help deliver the oils under the skin.
  • It is a wonderful base oil for lotion, cream, body butter and lip balm formulations.
  • It can be included in hair oil formulations to condition and increase manageability and sheen.
  • It is a suitable non-greasy, non-staining massage oil.
I vote use a product that will do more for you, your hair and skin.

Nicely put :yep:. Unrefined gets my vote :D.

Back