Oils only?

Cindy70

Does anyone just use oils or butters in their hair? I recently became an oil lover and have been experimenting with different kinds (shea, avocado, sunflower..) I've also been experimenting with leave-in conditioners, gels and styling creams. Now I've come to the conclusion that my hair looks just as well with just using oil as it does when I goop lots of additional product in it. So, I think that I'm going to simplify my routine and just shampoo and condition regularly and then just use some kind oil for moisture and shine. Anyone else have a simple routine like that?

Yes, that's what I would be doing. I'm basically a daily wetter because I only like to comb through my hair (with a large tooth comb) when my hair is wet, whether I've washed it that day or sprayed it with water.

I just started using avocado butter and I love it. It works best when my hair is wet. I used to use oils, but I got tired of my hair being so oily and I stopped using them. But it seems like a great idea to mix the oils in with the butter.

i agree totally- I am now into sweet almond oil, wild growth hair oil, vitamin e oil, olive oil and shea butter. On no oil days like today- i'll use parnevue leave-in conditioner.

Pretty much
smile.gif

I tried using oils only (in the days of BHSGO - Black Hair Super Grow Out - A Yahoo Club). My hair didn't responde well to oils only (did it for about a week or so). I went back to what my hair likes best.

Back