Oils by Nature

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Yesterday afternoon, I ordered lotion grade shea butter from oilsbynature.com ($6.20). 15 minutes ago my product arrived. I have not tried the butter out yet, but I wanted to share my experience with you all. I have never recieved an order so fast from FNWL or other online vendors. Two thumbs up! The site is well organized and they offer many of the same products that FNWL offers and more, cheaper too! When I try the butter I will post again.

ETA: Thanks for the rec, MindTwister!

Last edited:
nubianqt86 said:
Yesterday afternoon, I ordered lotion grade shea butter from oilsbynature.com ($6.20). 15 minutes ago my product arrived. I have not tried the butter out yet, but I wanted to share my experience with you all. I have never recieved an order so fast from FNWL or other online vendors. Two thumbs up! The site is well organized and they offer many of the same products that FNWL offers and more, cheaper too! When I try the butter I will post again.
'

Wow....now that's fast! I am going to order their Aloe Vera Butter from them because FNWL is out of stock with the size I want.

nubianqt86 said:

WOW! That's what I call FAST shiping! I'm impressed I have to say :) I recomended that site b/c of their prices but I'm glad to see that they also have great shiping

You're welcome by the way, and I hope you enjoy any future purchases you make with them.
As for me, I'm off to get some avocado butter. Hope their shipping is not that expensive by the way...

Wow, that was fast. Are they close to you? Glad you had a good experience. Their products are so much cheaper than FNWL.

I order all of my oils and butters from Oils by Nature. I just got my camellia oil from them early last week. I ordered Friday and got it Monday. They also have very good customer service. I have to order my monoi and emu from other places because they don't carry those, but I order everything from them.

Sareca recommended them to me (thanks chica!! :kiss:)

I want to order some Camellia but they are OOS so I'm comprising my list and waiting for it to come in. :fan:

I ordered Virgin Mango Butter from them a couple of times (Mango Butter Virgin on their site) and the customer service is great. They answer emails and their phone too (some companies don't do that :look:).

I just ordered from them also and received my order yesterday. I bought some of the shea butter lotion too. I plan on whipping up a recipe for my son's eczema.

baglady215 said:
Wow, that was fast. Are they close to you? Glad you had a good experience. Their products are so much cheaper than FNWL.

They're in Ohio, I'm in Indiana.

They also tend to be less expensive than FNWL, but bestdeal.org has a better selection than both. :yep:

nubianqt86 said:

1.gif
That's super fast!

I'm looking forward to your review.

I placed an order Monday, received it today. They were out of the 8oz organic jojoba oil, BUT they upgraded me to the 16oz at no additional charge and gave me free shipping.:)

Now that's what I call good customer service.

Wow, I'm going to have to order from Oils by Nature one day soon. I've really been wanting to try the Shea/Mango butter mix but I'm just afraid that it would be too hard. I want a butter that's thick, but not hard where I have to melt it everytime I use it.

I'm going to check that site out and the one that sareca suggested. Everthing I need from fnwl is always OOS!

TSUprincess04 said:
Wow, I'm going to have to order from Oils by Nature one day soon. I've really been wanting to try the Shea/Mango butter mix but I'm just afraid that it would be too hard. I want a butter that's thick, but not hard where I have to melt it everytime I use it.

It is hard. I ordered some last year and I had to melt it down and add some oil to soften it up some, but that is the nature of the beast -- both of those are pretty hard butters separately. Both the sweet almond and avocado butters were thick, but scooped out easily enough. They give a softness rating for some of their butters. Mango and Shea are 7 and 8 on the softness rating. The most "spreadable" butter I have ever bought, though, was mowrah. It has a 2 softness rating. I love mowrah butter. I actually got my mowrah from bestdeal.org because I had not yet discovered Oils By Nature. Bestdeal.org does have a wide ranging selection of all kinds of products and I like them, too, but they have a $25.00 minimum and sometimes I don't need $25.00 worth of stuff. I only ordered from FNWL once. They tend to be kind of pricey.

i have to check them out. i have no major complaints about fnwl except they're out of stock too much for me:D . i get my orders fast but i think they ship from ct and i'm right in philly.

adw425 said:
It is hard. I ordered some last year and I had to melt it down and add some oil to soften it up some, but that is the nature of the beast -- both of those are pretty hard butters separately. Both the sweet almond and avocado butters were thick, but scooped out easily enough. They give a softness rating for some of their butters. Mango and Shea are 7 and 8 on the softness rating. The most "spreadable" butter I have ever bought, though, was mowrah. It has a 2 softness rating. I love mowrah butter. I actually got my mowrah from bestdeal.org because I had not yet discovered Oils By Nature. Bestdeal.org does have a wide ranging selection of all kinds of products and I like them, too, but they have a $25.00 minimum and sometimes I don't need $25.00 worth of stuff. I only ordered from FNWL once. They tend to be kind of pricey.

This is exactly why I didn't submit more order with FNWL yesterday. If you don't order at least 20.00 worth of stuff, they tack on an extra 5.00 bucks:mad: AND they have a 2.50 handling fee. I was about to order something that was 10.00. With all the fees and shipping, it was gonna be 24.00 total...I said nevermind

Back