Oil on Wet hair or Dry hair???

Teva

I notice that some people's hair like oils and some people dont want it near their hair at all.

There is a site where someone shares her dislike for oil, called the no oil method. I am curious, is it the oil or is it the way the oil is applyed to the hair.

Oil sits on my dry hair but when applied to soaking wet hair my hair stays moist and not greasy for a few days. Also the new growth comes out very straight if I apply the oil to my wet hair and then twist in bantu knots.

So, how and when do you ladies apply the oil to your hair?

Its best to apply oils on wet hair right after u wash it.
wink.gif
I usually massage the oils in my scalp. When my hair is dry, I just put oils on the ends of my hair.

For any product I use, I apply it to my hair when it's wet. If I put products on dry hair, it just sits there.

I mix oils with my deep conditioner and leave in and apply it to my hair when it is wet. Straight up oil I apply to my hair when it is dry.....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I noticed my hair stays softer and moisturized if I apply oils when it's wet. I also softens my new growth. I'm touching up this weekend w/ a new stylist. Please pray that I have hair when I get back home!

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
For any product I use, I apply it to my hair when it's wet. If I put products on dry hair, it just sits there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah huh! so that is it. I am very glad that I posted this thread because I am now struggling with the oil thing. It's good to know that I got it right. So I am going to put oil on my hair only when it is wet.

I will also try wetting my relaxed ends with some water then applying the oil on the days when I dont wash.

Thanks everyone

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

I apply them when it's wet or at least damp.

This method of applying products to wet hair has got me thinking that many products can probabily be used to retain moister. These days I use alot of the s-curl but maybe I can use others thinks just as well if applyed to damp or wet hair.

This is exciting to know.

Back