Oil for Dry Scalp and Fine Hair

neonbright

I am looking for an oil that is light, but good for dry scalp and fine limp hair.
I do not want anything weighing my hair down. Would Tea Tree Oil work and I don't loose what body I get and go flat?:ohwell::perplexed

Pure Coconut Oil, doesn't weigh the hair down and it's all natural.

Some of the ladies rave about emu & amla (sp?) oil, try a search on these 2. HTH

~msshic~

pure castor oil or jamaican black castor oil, helps thicken thin hair (and tames new growth like nobody's business), i put mine on dry hair and it works good for me

CiaJcanBabi said:
pure castor oil or jamaican black castor oil, helps thicken thin hair (and tames new growth like nobody's business), i put mine on dry hair and it works good for me

Where do you get your Jamaican black castor oil?

I used the tea tree for a while, but I noticed that my hair felt kinda funny, almost brittle after a while.
It really soothes the scalp, since I itch a lot. Now I use the Olive Oil Dry scalp lotion.
I'm going to the hair store this weekend to look for some more stuff, I'll finally concede and try the coconut oil.

Hi trinidarkie1! :)

Try grapeseed oil...it's very light, and gives great shine, I like it even better than coconut oil!
Avacado oil is pretty good too...a little heavier than grapeseed, but to me, not as heavy as coconut.
HTH!

WomanlyCharm said:
Hi trinidarkie1! :)

Try grapeseed oil...it's very light, and gives great shine, I like it even better than coconut oil!
Avacado oil is pretty good too...a little heavier than grapeseed, but to me, not as heavy as coconut.
HTH!

These are great suggestions. But I dont even know where to start looking for these things?
Dept stores? walmart etc? WHERE?! :lol:

You can get grapeseed and avocado oils at a health food store...I buy mine at Whole Foods. You can also order them off the internet. I'm not sure about a website, maybe one of the other ladies can give you a suggestion.

neonbright said:
I am looking for an oil that is light, but good for dry scalp and fine limp hair.
I do not want anything weighing my hair down. Would Tea Tree Oil work and I don't loose what body I get and go flat?:ohwell::perplexed

I think that tea tree oil would work fine, also emu and carrot oil would be great. I use these oils on my daughter hair and her hair is very fine.

WomanlyCharm said:
You can get grapeseed and avocado oils at a health food store...I buy mine at Whole Foods. You can also order them off the internet. I'm not sure about a website, maybe one of the other ladies can give you a suggestion.

great! I have been trying to avoid Whole foods for sooo long. :lol:
I just know that I will go crazy in there and spend so much money!

Well I try some of these suggestions. Great!!! Thanks everyone for all suggestions. I wil looked into Coconut oil and others...

Castor oil is great as a pre-poo treatment and to thicken hair up.

For stimulating growth - rosemary oil (15-20 drops) diluted in 4-6 oz. of sweet alomond oil.

Moisturizing/softening- evening primrose oil, grapeseed oil, wheatgerm oil, coconut oil, pomace b olive oil, palm oil

Hope this helps.

Castor oil is great as a pre-poo treatment and to thicken hair up

What do you do with the Castor oil? Heat it up, put it on your scalp or what? Is it going to make me have the runs? I remember my MIL telling me to rub some on my sons soft spot to help him stop being constipated. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Incorporate flax seed oil into your diet. I put 1-2 tsp of ground flax seed in my protien shakes everyday and my scalp now gets oily. :yep:

LOL- for constipation you drink a tablespoon or two but you betta move a tv, phone and good book into the bathroom cause it will clean your insides out.

for your hair: apply it to dry hair( concentrate on scalp and ends), put on a thin plastic cap and a satin/silk scarf- go to sleep overnite and shampoo/condition/dc in the a.m.

or on the day of pooing- apply to dry hair /scalp/ends, put on athin processing cap- sit under dryer for 15-30 mins. Shampoo/condition/deep condition.

kreeme said:
Castor oil is great as a pre-poo treatment and to thicken hair up

What do you do with the Castor oil? Heat it up, put it on your scalp or what? Is it going to make me have the runs? I remember my MIL telling me to rub some on my sons soft spot to help him stop being constipated. :ohwell:

Well I went out today and got some castor oil, coconut oil & Gingsing Wonder 8 Oil.

Now I just need to know which one to try first...:ohwell: I guess the coconut oil...

Thanks eveyone LHCF keeps me going...

Oh and my baby girl has grown several inches since I have been on LHCF, meaning she has grown the length faster than before...

Back