Oil Based Deep Conditioner & Moisturized Based Conditioner

Bulletproof

tHicK hAIr dOn't CarE
I want to DC with oils, shea butter and regular store bought conditioners. I read the other day that oil will seal out the moisturizers so it is best to do the creamy ones first. My question is can I combine them all and just do it all once. Does anyone do 2 separate deep conditioners one for oil and one for moisturizers and if so why and in what order?

I hope I read your question right lol. But I've been mixing oil into my moisture-based conditioners for over a year now and I've had no problems. I actually think I get the best results doing that.

I take Elucence Moisture Balance conditioner, JBCO, Avocado Oil and Silk Amino Acids and mix it altogether. Put it on my head and sit under the dryer between 30-45 minutes.

Let us know how things turned out for you.

I mix oil in my DC. The only time I do them separate is when I prepoo before a amla treatment. When I prepoo I will apply oil for atleast and hour then layer paste or dc with powder mixed in over oil.

If you're going to mix in oils I suggest you use penetrating ones (coconut, olive, or avocado).

I hope I read your question right lol. But I've been mixing oil into my moisture-based conditioners for over a year now and I've had no problems. I actually think I get the best results doing that.

I take Elucence Moisture Balance conditioner, JBCO, Avocado Oil and Silk Amino Acids and mix it altogether. Put it on my head and sit under the dryer between 30-45 minutes.

Let us know how things turned out for you.

Ditto for me. I do the exact same with awesome results.

My hair came out soft. I used a mix of olive oil and Avocado Oil with She Butter and Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship applied to my roots and ends and covered with a plastic cap for 1 hour, no heat. I am at least 10 weeks post probably 12 so getting my roots soft is super big for me right now although I would not say they are detangled. I am trying to make it to September 1 doing Cowashes and deep conditions and then switching to either a weave or half wig until December. I figure if I can split the first 6 months of my transition like that I will be able to do buns for the second half of my year of transitioning.

Back