Ohhh just forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crissi

You i JUST had an epithome (sp), i am not retiring from hair care, im just retiring from my current legnth obssession, don't get me wrongnow, i'd like that 12 inches by december, however if i don't get it, it won't be the end all. I am just going to focus on health, then legnth will follow, healthy hair will look good regardless of legnth! Ive always known this, however it is just now that it is starting to sink in. Besides i need to enjoy life out of my hair, lol seriously i want to have fun, wants i get to a decent legnth i am going crazy, twist outs, braid outs, crazy cornrows, rollersets, whatever i feel. Rather than worry about it 24/7, ima let it do what it do, i need the balance, rather than been over obsessive and extreme. I just thought i'd share that with you ladies

Crissi, x

You know. That’s a very good attitude to have. Obsession only breeds frustration. I think it’s important to keep a balance between healthy hair care and a healthy mental attitude!

It seems like a lot of ladies are starting to forget about being so concerned about hair and letting it do its thing, including me. The only thing I plan on doing is moisturizing and deep conditioning (without heat for an hour so I can sit around and not think about my hair). I'm tired of obsessing about my hair, too. I'm in box plaits pinned back right now because they help me stop obsessing. I hated obsessing, and my hair may be thicker now, but it looked much better before and I used to get a lot of compliments on it even though it was above shoulder length. I'm totally with you on this.:)

Crissi said:
You i JUST had an epithome (sp), i am not retiring from hair care, im just retiring from my current legnth obssession, don't get me wrongnow, i'd like that 12 inches by december, however if i don't get it, it won't be the end all. I am just going to focus on health, then legnth will follow, healthy hair will look good regardless of legnth! Ive always known this, however it is just now that it is starting to sink in. Besides i need to enjoy life out of my hair, lol seriously i want to have fun, wants i get to a decent legnth i am going crazy, twist outs, braid outs, crazy cornrows, rollersets, whatever i feel. Rather than worry about it 24/7, ima let it do what it do, i need the balance, rather than been over obsessive and extreme. I just thought i'd share that with you ladies

Crissi, x

:p Crissi, that is a wonderful attitude. Health first....then to your surprise you will gain length. I wanted greater length so badly when I first found LHCF I was buying nearly everything I read about; some I now know would not be right for my hair:mad: . I found I was so eager to grow as long as Anky and others that I was not really thinking clearly. I now comprehend the need for care and patience to achieve health and eventually more length; magic is not present here. I now have a closet of supplies I've never opened or used. A Spring/Summer NY meeting may be my turn to exchange some of this overwhelming stuff! Once again, great, great attitude, I congratulate you on your sea change:p .

Crissi, I am totally with you on this one. I know how overwhelming it can get, running out and getting all the raved about products, trying to gauge how many micro-inches your hair has grown overnight...it's tiring.

I have resolved to focus on the overall health of my hair, and surely length will follow. It's a lot easier now to keep my hands out of my hair, and I have a solid regimen I am not straying from. Why fix it when it's not broken?

Hang in there, and there's support if you need it.

Crissi said:
Crissi, x

This is really off topic ....but is that ackee and saltfish in your avatar ?

Just curious

Thank you ladies, i love the support that you all give!, i really need to put my health before myhair,hair was starting to take over, to the point were my SO could be over and im on LHCF instead of showing him attention... SMH sad i know.

Crissi, x

princesslocks said:
This is really off topic ....but is that ackee and saltfish in your avatar ?

Just curious

Of course!!!!!! wid fried dumplin and bacon...its the only way :lol:

Crissi, I totally think you can still take care of your hair without obsessing over it. Stepping away from the forum helps with that - just take a break from it or only login once or twice a week.

I dropped all challenges and everything for the same reason. I am going to just enjoy taking care of myself and my hair without worrying about this or that.

I feel better since I started doing that. I am still taking care or my hair but I don't care so much for length itself. Just health and cuteness. :D Length will come!

:clap: I applaud you for this. I have had this attitude since the first day I joined LHCF, and it has served me well.

I keep seeing ladies saying they're "quitting" or "tired", and I'm like :confused: Why? Why have we ever put this undue pressure on ourselves? Why can't we just ENJOY our hair. I've NEVER felt that my hair was a chore nor have I been "burdened" by my haircare "journey." It's JUST hair, and it WILL grow. All I gotta do is take care of it. :D

Disclaimer: The above is my humble opinion and not intended to offend or discredit anyone's hair care preferences or journey.

HoneyDew said:
Crissi, I totally think you can still take care of your hair without obsessing over it. Stepping away from the forum helps with that - just take a break from it or only login once or twice a week.

I dropped all challenges and everything for the same reason. I am going to just enjoy taking care of myself and my hair without worrying about this or that.

I feel better since I started doing that. I am still taking care or my hair but I don't care so much for length itself. Just health and cuteness. :D Length will come!

especially cuteness :grin:

Crissi said:

Crissi, x
Good for you! :clapping:
That was my goal when I started this journey. I only wanted healthy, beautiful hair no matter what the length. And I certainly am enjoying my hair!:)

Back