Oh, Oh - I think I'm going to have LONG hair!! ( dedicated to Den1)

jerseyjill

Oh, Oh - I think I\'m going to have LONG hair!! ( dedicated to Den1)

Ok,

I was natural for three years, rocking a wig and all. Got a decent length, but couldnt keep it for all the breaking and sheddig.
I wrestled with my soul and decided to get a texturizer - healthier for the hair - and the best of both world.
Well that damn Affirm Fiberguard Mild took three applications to get the texture I wanted. But I still had breakage and shedding. And I had no idea WTH you girls were talking about - combing hair in the shower with conditioner!!
I COULDNT comb my hair at all - the tangles were ridiculous!

So my cross continental sister - Den1 ( with the hottest hair going!) decided to school me. She suggested that the relaxer was underprocessing my hair - thus the breaking, shedding and chronic tangling. She switched to Affirm Mild ( regular - no Fiberguard) and has been good to go since.
So I said- OK , one more time and then it's a wrap.
I couldnt find the mild, so I got the normal formula. I did my roots and then I put a wooden spoonful in my hand and smoothed it over the rest of my hair!!
WTH!!! My hair rinsed off like silk, the comb went thru and I have no shedding or breakage. Now this was last Thursday nite, so I wanted to wait and see. I did a conditioner was on Saturday with CON, and put a bag on for a while. When I rinsed and combed - very minimal breakage.
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Lord, thank you for my early Xmas present - my hair - and my new friends at LHCF - especially Den1!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

P.S.
Im going to the Dominicans for a wet set and trim ( havent done this in years) for the holidays!!! I promise I'll get a photo album together!!

Re: Oh, Oh - I think I\'m going to have LONG hair!! ( dedicated to Den1)

I'm relaxed and I can't wait to have long hair and I'm GONNA have long hair too just like you in the near future I hope!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

We'll do it together - now that the breaing and shedding has stopped - there is no end to my hair length. ALl I need is a trim - and I think I'm going to do braids for six months! I cant wait!!

What a nice dedication /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can feel the luv in here.

That’s great! /images/graemlins/clap.gif Congratulations!

OMG thank-you Jerseyjill I can't belive you dedicated this thread to me, i didn't think i was of much help. i'm so happy and EXCITED that everything worked out so well with the Affirm lye, i really can't wait to see pics of your hair. i defintely understand where your coming from, now that you have got your hair back on track, you are going to achieve some serious length, the braids are a great way to do this, i still follow parts of the crown and glory method. congrats again, hurry with those pics. luv den1

Back