Oh My Word....

sylviaetc

lol i just had to share this lil bit of luck i received today... i was on the look out for a good protein conditioner
and shampoo, and supergirl reccomended keraphix. well being the pj that i've become since joining the forum, i was all set to go out and spend my last dime on a bottle. do you know, my sister, bless her heart
Rose.gif
*S* gave me 2 bottles of keraphix and 2 bottles of headress just out of the blue!
trampoline.gif
i could not believe my freakin' luck! just when i was gonna give up eating til next pay day. lol

now for a question: my hair is kind of damaged, can i use this keraphix every other week; or is that too much? is it like emergencee where as you're only suppose to use it every 6wks?
thanx in advance yall' *S*
rosebud.gif

Well, for 4A/B hair I wouldn't use it every other week. Once every 6 weeks is good. I use Keraphix (works great!) one week before my touch ups. Then, usually again after 6 weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, for 4A/B hair I wouldn't use it every other week. Once every 6 weeks is good. I use Keraphix (works great!) one week before my touch ups. Then, usually again after 6 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh darn... i thought i had finally found a daily protein conditioner! i guess i'll have to keep looking...

Hey sylviaetc, I think a daily protein would be too much. From what I've been reading here Protein should be used sparingly as too much can make the hair brittle causing it to snap easily. Mild protein can be used more often than the more potent kinds. Am I right people in the know???

Poster: sylviaetc
[ QUOTE ]
thats what i'm looking for deb, a mild protein; any suggestions?
tia

[/ QUOTE ]

Aubrey GPB. Some folks are able to use it without following up with a moisturizing conditioner.

thanx svt, i have to look that up; i've read alot of threads on aubrey gpb...

foxy, i was wondering the same thing; does anyone know. i do know that the keraphix is a cream while the emergencee is a gel.
ps. i hated emergencee; it says comb through on the bottle but the gel consistancy made my hair impossible to comb at all until i rinsed it and did a moiturizing conditioner...

The Keraphix is a mild protein conditioner.

Emergencee, Sebastian Penetraitt, Dudley's DRC, and Aphoghee are all concentrated proteins (they are usually a deep amber/brown color, gel like in consistency, sometimes smell a little stange and/or must harden on the hair before rinsing) and depending on the condition of your hair, should be used no more often than 6-10 weeks (either every 6 weeks or right before or after a relaxer).

Keraphix is not in this same category. It is blended with moisturizing ingredients and can be used each wash (on most heads) if desired, unless your hair is particularly sensitive to too much protein. By each wash I mean the standard once or twice a week that most people do.

I wouldn't recommend using any protein conditioner daily. For even the mild ones, this is probably too much. Are you using them for CO washes Sylviaetc? Something like VO5, which contains a very minimal amount of protein (and so wouldn't have enough to be used to combat breakage, for instance) would be fine.

Let us know what you come up with! And congratulations on the second hand product windfall!
grin.gif
Doncha love a freebie? I know I do.
smile.gif

tracy, i'm not using protein for conditioning washes. i noticed that my hair became very soft from doing the braidouts all summer and using so many moisturizing products and oils ;and is easy to break if i'm not careful. so i thought i needed a protein infusion before i get my relaxer in september; and i want to incorporate a protein shmpoo and conditioner into my routine every two weeks. i wash my hair 2x a week so i thought i could alternate between protein and moisture... so do you think the keraphix could be used like that? i have so much of it i didn't want to go out and buy another daily protein conditioner.

and yes! i love a freebie!!! and they're full bottles too!

You could definitely use it like that Sylviaetc. What threw me off was the reference to daily.
crazy.gif

Alternating is fine and twice a week should present no trouble. I think your assesment about adding protein to your regime after some overconditioning and "softening" of the hair is fine as a result is fine.
smile.gif

Sorry bout that.

Back