Oh My indirect heat! (A little long)

mrshicks2002

I am just now finding out that it seems that my hair doesnt like to be airdried :nono: and love indirect heat. I have been airdrying since start of my journey and havent been able to pinpoint the reason for getting broken hairs sometimes and some little ones. I was thinking that it was shedding until I started to examine and saw that they didnt have the bulb at the end. Well about a month or two ago it had got worser, so I tried some different things and it would seem to work for a minute and then go back to doing the samething. Still airdrying and having alot of broken hairs along with some shedding and I could put my hair in ponytail and pull strands out.

Well I started a thread about healthy hair and rollersetting.(thanks ladies again for the replies.....i really appreciate it) So I decided to rollerset yesterday and saran wrap after. I finally did everything right this time around and stayed under my bonnet dryer until dry. :yep:

I am so proud to say that today when i was combing my hair down because i wrapped it up for bed lastnight. I have already saw a turn around and change in broken hairs and my hair is already looking so healthy since sitting under the dryer and rollersetting. My hair even looked silky. I guess it was really looking great because when hubby came home yesterday, he asked me did I get a relaxer and what did I do different because It looked great. :lick:

The funny thing about this is that I had been thinking airdrying for me since the start of my journey was great and the whole time I was wrong and didnt know why. So whenever I just decide to wash and not rollerset, I plan to dry my hair with indirect heat because it seems that my hair loves it and its already looking healthy.:yep:

I think I'm coming to the same realization. I keep airdrying but my hair just feels so hard the next day. It doesn't matter what products I use, it feels good while my hair is wet and in the process of drying but when I wake up it's stringy and hard. It's breaking entirely too much. I guess I'll stop being lazy and rollerset.

I've only rollerset once and it came out pretty nicely.

I think I'm coming to the same realization. I keep airdrying but my hair just feels so hard the next day. It doesn't matter what products I use, it feels good while my hair is wet and in the process of drying but when I wake up it's stringy and hard. It's breaking entirely too much. I guess I'll stop being lazy and rollerset.

I've only rollerset once and it came out pretty nicely.

I said to myself even when I dont feel like rollersetting, I will just put leave in on, spray heat protectant and dry my hair in ponytail under dryer.

Congratulations on the epiphany! Now, you wanna start a rollersetting challenge? StellaB mentioned it the other night, and there are a few of us ready and willing, but no one's stepped out on the "challenger-maker limb" yet!!! :lachen:

Congratulations on the epiphany! Now, you wanna start a rollersetting challenge? StellaB mentioned it the other night, and there are a few of us ready and willing, but no one's stepped out on the "challenger-maker limb" yet!!! :lachen:

Thanks, but I think I am going to pass on the challenge because I know I will run into sometimes when I dont feel like rollersetting, but for now on I will make sure that I sit under the dryer no matter what I do after washing.

I said to myself even when I dont feel like rollersetting, I will just put leave in on, spray heat protectant and dry my hair in ponytail under dryer.

u could also do a ponytail rollerset...I did one and it came out looking as good as a regular one after I did the saran wrap thing. I did 6 ponytails and put 1 or two rollers on each one. Came out great and took only about 10 minutes to do! Great if u are short on time!:yep:

u could also do a ponytail rollerset...I did one and it came out looking as good as a regular one after I did the saran wrap thing. I did 6 ponytails and put 1 or two rollers on each one. Came out great and took only about 10 minutes to do! Great if u are short on time!:yep:

Oh ya thanks BTW I said that I will try to start doing the ponytail rollersets. I am not sure if my hair is long enough, but I guess it doesnt hurt to try and see.

Oh ya thanks BTW I said that I will try to start doing the ponytail rollersets. I am not sure if my hair is long enough, but I guess it doesnt hurt to try and see.

of course it is...u put the ponytails high up close to the scalp...u have plenty of hair. Think of how u put ponytails in a little girls hair...same concept except u add rollers. U can use whatever size u need. I really like this for the weekend when I dont want to spend the whole day on my hair but I want it to look nice.

of course it is...u put the ponytails high up close to the scalp...u have plenty of hair. Think of how u put ponytails in a little girls hair...same concept except u add rollers. U can use whatever size u need. I really like this for the weekend when I dont want to spend the whole day on my hair but I want it to look nice.

Well thanks again. I am going to give it a try soon.:yep:

yeah im planning on switching from co washing daily and airdrying to washing 1-2x a week and roller setting under the dryer. i don't think my hair likes being wet all the time it gets mushy and then when it dries...it dries very dry. it seems to like being straight, either on rollers or flat ironed.

I know what you mean. I began my hair journey in july and all i did was rollerset. I couldn't understand why i had breakage and shedding. Plus like some of you my hair dried hard. So when the colder months came around i started rollersetting. That was the best thing i could have done. It really curbed my breakage and shedding and i now have nice smooth hair. When i do my rollersets i always do the ponytail rollerset because i'm transitioning and i have about 3inches of new growth. So the ponytails smooths my hair to blend a little better.

I know what you mean. I began my hair journey in july and all i did was rollerset. I couldn't understand why i had breakage and shedding. Plus like some of you my hair dried hard. So when the colder months came around i started rollersetting. That was the best thing i could have done. It really curbed my breakage and shedding and i now have nice smooth hair. When i do my rollersets i always do the ponytail rollerset because i'm transitioning and i have about 3inches of new growth. So the ponytails smooths my hair to blend a little better.

That is what happend to me. I started my hair journey in Feb and havent caught on till now that my hair does better not being airdried and liking indirect heat. After I done a rollerset and saran wrap the other day, my hair have also been very smooth, soft and silky and I am not seeing breakage like I did when airdrying.

Back