OH MY GOSH.......SherryLove THANK YOU

Thanks for the info, Xcellence2. I finally got access to your pics. Your hair looks great. Good luck with your exam!

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to share with everyone that I rollerset my hair yesterday and I used the Giovanni conditioner mixed with the aloe vera gel. I did not know how it was going to turn out but I figured if it was too bad I was just wear a bun until I had time to rewash....ANYWAYS my hair come out so silkly, bouncy and shiny. I did not even need to add oil to it but a added a little just out of habit. It is still bouncy today and I am LOVING it. Not one roller came out frizzy or wavy. It was just perfect.
THANKS SHERRYLOVE!
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO! DITTO! DITTO!... i was gona pm her but thought id jump in here - man...it is tha bomb. i did this on friday nite and was worried cause the aloe and gio. mixture did seem to curdle or gel up! (WHY IS THIS SHERRY)?
but i put in on anyways as i put each individual section on a roller ... when it was dry - i could not stop shaking it and touching it. new rollerseting method fa me.
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif

Thanks sherry
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to share with everyone that I rollerset my hair yesterday and I used the Giovanni conditioner mixed with the aloe vera gel. I did not know how it was going to turn out but I figured if it was too bad I was just wear a bun until I had time to rewash....ANYWAYS my hair come out so silkly, bouncy and shiny. I did not even need to add oil to it but a added a little just out of habit. It is still bouncy today and I am LOVING it. Not one roller came out frizzy or wavy. It was just perfect.
THANKS SHERRYLOVE!
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO! DITTO! DITTO!... i was gona pm her but thought id jump in here - man...it is tha bomb. i did this on friday nite and was worried cause the aloe and gio. mixture did seem to curdle or gel up! (WHY IS THIS SHERRY)?
but i put in on anyways as i put each individual section on a roller ... when it was dry - i could not stop shaking it and touching it. new rollerseting method fa me.
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif

Thanks sherry
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

did you use the aubrey organics aloe vera gel??????? other brands of aloe will clump up or curdle because they contain synthetic thickeners .......

[ QUOTE ]
Is it the saty in or the leave in that gives excellent results? Anyone tried both and whats the difference

[/ QUOTE ]

i only know about the direct stay in formula....i do not believe giovanni has any other leave in.......

I COSIGN!!!
clap.gif
I have used the Giovanni Direct Leave-In (which is different from the Stay-In) 3 times now and I have definately found my staple. The thing that sets it apart from other leave-ins is its lasting power. My hair feels silky until my next wash (1 week). Thank you big time Sherrylove for this rec! (even though you use the stay-in when I went to VShop I saw the leave-in and thought it was the same product and purchased)
grin.gif

Just in case anyone was wondering, I pour 2 oz. of the AO Aloe Vera Gel into the Giovanni bottle when I roller set I add a little Wild Growth Oil(just trying to finish the bottle won't be purchasing again) to the mixture in my hands and apply to my hair in sections and roll. This is a keeper.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you use the aubrey organics aloe vera gel??????? other brands of aloe will clump up or curdle because they contain synthetic thickeners .......

[/ QUOTE ]

sherry ya know what... its fruit of the earth and when i read tha ingredi. it does contain em... so next time ima use the aubreys or maybe drain some from a piece of aloe.
smile.gif
i came into the city yestaday and could not find the aubreys at any of the vitamin shoppe i came across
frown.gif

These are the ingredients The Vitamin Shoppe lists for the Direct Leave In:

Aqueous (water) extracts of rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) oil, nettle (urtica dioica oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (butela alba) oil, chamomile (anthemis nobilus flower) oil, clary (salvia sclarea), lavender (lavandula angustifolia), coltsfoor leaf (tussilago farfara), yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, mallow (malva sylvestris), horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil, soybean protein (glycine soja), cetyl alcohol (plant derived), tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

Is this information correct? How would you describe its scent? How is it different from the Stay In?

[ QUOTE ]
i am a bit late here, but your hair looks GREAT--nice and healthy!!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

i am so happy the formulation worked for you...It worked so well for me I had to share it with you ladies....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sherry!
rosebud.gif
I saw your post on RHC and I've been using it every since. Thanks for being willing to "Help a sista out".
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
kisses.gif

[ QUOTE ]
These are the ingredients The Vitamin Shoppe lists for the Direct Leave In:

Aqueous (water) extracts of rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) oil, nettle (urtica dioica oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (butela alba) oil, chamomile (anthemis nobilus flower) oil, clary (salvia sclarea), lavender (lavandula angustifolia), coltsfoor leaf (tussilago farfara), yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, mallow (malva sylvestris), horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil, soybean protein (glycine soja), cetyl alcohol (plant derived), tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

Is this information correct? How would you describe its scent? How is it different from the Stay In?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is actually the same product... they changed "stay in" to "leave in."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sherry ya know what... its fruit of the earth and when i read tha ingredi. it does contain em... so next time ima use the aubreys or maybe drain some from a piece of aloe.
smile.gif
i came into the city yestaday and could not find the aubreys at any of the vitamin shoppe i came across
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you can order from www.vitaminshoppe.com, or ask a sales associate at the vitaminshoppe to order it for you (it's cheaper this way). NYCchild--when you try aubrey's aloe, you will notice the difference.

WHOA!!! your hair looks great in both the roller setting pics, but if you want the smooth look, you definitely achieved it in the latest pic. way to go!!
smile.gif

Re: thanks Sherry!

The Stay-In has some similar ingredients but also has different ingredients added so in comparing the formulation it is not the exact same product as the Leave-In.

These are the ingredients for the Stay-In

Ingredients: Infusion of Rosemary Extract (and) Nettles Extract (and) Thyme Extract (and) Birch Leaf Extract (and) Chamomile Extract (and) Sage Extract (and) St. John's Wort Extract (and) Coltsfoot Extract (and) Balm Mint Extract (and) Horsetail Extract (and) Red Clover Extract, (and) Grapefruit Seed Extract, Soy, Flax Seed Oil, Mineral Trace Elements, DL Panthenol, Cinnamate.

[ QUOTE ]
The Stay-In has some similar ingredients but also has different ingredients added so in comparing the formulation it is not the exact same product as the Leave-In.

These are the ingredients for the Stay-In

Ingredients: Infusion of Rosemary Extract (and) Nettles Extract (and) Thyme Extract (and) Birch Leaf Extract (and) Chamomile Extract (and) Sage Extract (and) St. John's Wort Extract (and) Coltsfoot Extract (and) Balm Mint Extract (and) Horsetail Extract (and) Red Clover Extract, (and) Grapefruit Seed Extract, Soy, Flax Seed Oil, Mineral Trace Elements, DL Panthenol, Cinnamate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i may need to clear up some obvious confusion here.....i have been using giovanni leave in conditioner for six years now. when i began using it, it was called the direct stay in conditioner w/ many herbal extracts. i would say within the past year, the company added more oil to the formulation and maybe a couple of other ingredients and renamed it direct leave in conditioner. ladies, there is no longer a conditioner named stay in it has been changed to leave in....so in essence when i stated they changed the direct stay in to direct leave in,,,,i was correct.....just think of the leave in as an upgrade...

HTH

Okay, you guys have me curious here...do any of you use the giovanni as a leave in even when you don't roller set? Is it good for all drying methods? I was thinking of getting the nexxus headress because so many people like it...but does anyone know how the two compare?

I have only tried it with the roller set so I am not sure. I also have not tried the headress. From what I have heard about the headress it seems like apples and oranges to me.

Ladies!!! Where else can I get Aubrey's products in Westchester. I went to Yonkers today and picked up the Direct leave in but i forgot the aloe vera gel, Sherrylove or anyone else, which is another alternative aloe vera gel that I can get and will work just as well. As a matter of fact, how does the leave in work by itself?

[ QUOTE ]
Ladies!!! Where else can I get Aubrey's products in Westchester. I went to Yonkers today and picked up the Direct leave in but i forgot the aloe vera gel, Sherrylove or anyone else, which is another alternative aloe vera gel that I can get and will work just as well. As a matter of fact, how does the leave in work by itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

NYCITY,,,, I SUGGEST YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON AUBREY'S ALOE VERA GEL...ALL ALOE VERA GELS ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL.....THE LEAVE IN WORKS FINE BY ITSELF........AUBREY'S ALOE VERA GEL JUST ALLOWS IT TO PROVIDE EXTRA SOFTNESS AND BODY TO OUR HAIR.....

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, you guys have me curious here...do any of you use the giovanni as a leave in even when you don't roller set? Is it good for all drying methods? I was thinking of getting the nexxus headress because so many people like it...but does anyone know how the two compare?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really do not know how the two compare. i just wanted to share with you ladies that my younger who sports natural hair used the giovanni w/aloe on his hair after washing and towel drying...his hair was incredibly soft and moisturized. he did not have to oil his hair for at least three days. not bad....

Thanks for the reply, I'll probably be pming you or paging you in about a month to ask you how you use it..ie..how much aloe vera gel you put in it..and do you put the aloe vera directly into the conditioner or do you put it in a separate container..feel free to pm me now if you have the chance!

Back