Oh my goodness. It's been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allandra

...four years as of today (October 27) since I had my last relaxer. I am still so glad I made the decision to go natural. I love being natural. It feels so darn good.

Keeping it simple has been working out well for my hair, and I really like having my products at a minimum.

I'll be updating my siggy pic when I get my hair done in November. :)

Shampoos:
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa

Conditioners:
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing (been using this since 2000)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Trader Joe Nourish Spa

Leave in Conditioners:
Giovanni Direct
Kinky Curly Knot Today

Moisturizers:
Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream

Oils:
Camden-Grey (Pure) Argan Oil

Serum:
Sabino Moisture Block

Gel:
Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel
Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Congratulations Allandra!! Your hair has always been one of my favorites - even when it was only a picture in my mind's eye - lol. When I finally got to see an actual picture I wasn't even surprised by how beautiful it was. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and your progress has been outstanding. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Allandra

First of all, your hair is insanely beautiful. The thickness, the shine ... everything!!

Second, I'm lovin' the fact that we have the EXACT same list of staple products. :lol: The only thing missing from your list that I love is Aubrey Organics White Camellia. Other than that, our lists are pretty much the same.

So tell me ... how do you wear your hair daily?

@Allandra

First of all, your hair is insanely beautiful. The thickness, the shine ... everything!!

Second, I'm lovin' the fact that we have the EXACT same list of staple products. :lol: The only thing missing from your list that I love is Aubrey Organics White Camellia. Other than that, our lists are pretty much the same.

So tell me ... how do you wear your hair daily?
@TaraDyan :wave:

Great minds think alike.

Now tell me. Is this the AO White Camellia Shampoo or Conditioner or both? :look:

Once a month I go to my stylist to get my hair flat ironed. I will wear my hair straight for one to two weeks (heck, I've even gone as long as three :blush: ). During that one to three weeks, I will wear my hair down a few times, but I never wear it down each day. :nono: When my stylist does my hair, the regimen is: shampoo, deep condition, heat protectant, blow dry OR roller set, flat iron. I haven't flat ironed my own hair since October 2010. Now when I do my own hair, the regimen is: shampoo, deep condition, moisturize, style, air dry. So my daily style will either be: a bun (which I have ALWAYS loved, two flat twists (pinning them up instead of letting them hang), a single braid, a single twist or a French twist. So, when I do my own hair, I always let it air dry, and sometimes I can wear my style for several days without redoing it each day (gosh I absolutely love that because I get up early in the morning Monday through Friday). Keeping it simple is wonderful, and I truly do believe less is more because I really do believe that's what keeps my hair growing nicely.

Last edited:
@TaraDyan :wave:

Great minds think alike.

Now tell me. Is this the AO White Camellia Shampoo or Conditioner or both? :look:

Once a month I go to my stylist to get my hair flat ironed. I will wear my hair straight for one to two weeks (heck, I've even gone as long as three :blush: ). During that one to three weeks, I will wear my hair down a few times, but I never wear it down each day. :nono: When my stylist does my hair, the regimen is: shampoo, deep condition, heat protectant, blow dry OR roller set, flat iron. I haven't flat ironed my own hair since October 2010. Now when I do my own hair, the regimen is: shampoo, deep condition, moisturize, style, air dry. So my daily style will either be: a bun (which I have ALWAYS loved, two flat twists (pinning them up instead of letting them hang), a single braid, a single twist or a French twist. So, when I do my own hair, I always let it air dry, and sometimes I can wear my style for several days without redoing it each day (gosh I absolutely love that because I get up early in the morning Monday through Friday). Keeping it simple is wonderful, and I truly do believe less is more because I really do believe that's what keeps my hair growing nicely.

Thanks for the breakdown. Your regimen sounds like a winner. I truly believe that less is more ... as evidenced by your phenomenal retention.

As for Aubrey Organics White Camellia: I'm gonna need you to get on that train stat. They have both a shampoo and conditioner, but I've only used the conditioner. It is simply one of the best moisturizing conditioners I've ever tried.

I urge you to give it a go. :yep:

Forgot to add another style that I like to wear my hair in is a curly puff.

Here's two pics that I took in August (curly puff and a twisted ponytail).

Also a July pic of my twist out (had two flat twist in my hair for a week, then took out).

Attachments

• AugustNaturalPonytail-vi.jpg
    AugustNaturalPonytail-vi.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 278
  • August29CurlyPuff-vi.jpg
    August29CurlyPuff-vi.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 269
  • July30TwistOut-vi.jpg
    July30TwistOut-vi.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Wow I've been here a long time I remember when you were transitioning! Looking forward to your pictures A

Thanks for the breakdown. Your regimen sounds like a winner. I truly believe that less is more ... as evidenced by your phenomenal retention.

As for Aubrey Organics White Camellia: I'm gonna need you to get on that train stat. They have both a shampoo and conditioner, but I've only used the conditioner. It is simply one of the best moisturizing conditioners I've ever tried.

I urge you to give it a go. :yep:
TaraDyan

You're welcome.

Girl, you KNOW I'm gonna get some of that conditioner. I just wrote it on my list. :giggle: I'll let you know once I get it and try it out. Oh, and I'm blaming you (of course) for this upcoming hair product purchase. :yep: I was just rambling about how minimum my hair care product stash is :lol: Oh well. Just ONE more bottle of conditioner won't hurt.

@TaraDyan

You're welcome.

Girl, you KNOW I'm gonna get some of that conditioner. I just wrote it on my list. :giggle: I'll let you know once I get it and try it out. Oh, and I'm blaming you (of course) for this upcoming hair product purchase. :yep: I was just rambling about how minimum my hair care product stash is :lol: Oh well. Just ONE more bottle of conditioner won't hurt.

@Allandra

:grin:

But it's OK though; this is just one more lil' bottle of conditioner in the Aubrey line. That won't hurt anything. :look:

Let me know how it works for you. I pretty much use the Trader Joe Nourish Spa and AO White Camellia conditioners exclusively these days, so I wanna hear your thoughts on it.

Congrats Allandra! Gorgeous hair! Your stylist never ceases to amaze me in how she is able to NOT thwart your progress. (You know how I feel about stylists!) Just gorgeous hair. Love love love the simple regimen.

Allandra, time has just whisked away. It doesn't seem like it has been 4 years. Your hair is truly beautiful and you have done a commendable job as well as Reneice. :)

Your hair is so gorgeous. I am trying to simplify my PJ impulses. I am almost there.:nono::lol: Can you please share you flat ironing techniques? I'd be so happy if I can get my hair as strait as you do.

Your hair is so gorgeous. I am trying to simplify my PJ impulses. I am almost there.:nono::lol: Can you please share you flat ironing techniques? I'd be so happy if I can get my hair as strait as you do.
DDTexlaxed

I haven't flat ironed my hair since October 2010 (stylist does for me). This is what I used to do, and it's what my stylist does now (very simple):

shampoo
deep condition
heat protectant
roller set OR blow dry
flat iron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back