Oh great. BREAKAGE, JUST MY LUCK!!!!!

seraphinelle

I'm going back to natural.... Not my own choice, but I think my hair is choo choo choosing it.

My hair appears to be breaking at a self-imposed demarcation line, which is about 1.5 inches away from the root. I'm guessing this is how much growth I'd get in 2-3 months anyway, and the time that I would relax, but I can't because I only relaxed about 1.5 weeks ago.

I don't want to do a corrective, and I've done a search on breakage stoppage... but man oh man, I'm scurred all my hair is going to break off and i'll be back at square 1.

I just wanted to see if I'll make SL, but now it looks like I won't. Pretty sad, coz that was my ultimate goal. Haven't had SL hair in about 10 years.

I don't comb it when it's dry, I co wash every other day and it's always in a bun.

Clarify wash on sundays. and deep condition.

I don't use heat.

MAN OH MAN.

:(

I get break when I have that much new growth. The only way to prevent it is to relax or wear my hair up. Or I can just wear my hair down and do NO combing (which has me all tangled up if I am not careful).

Since you don't want to do a corrective, I would think that wearing your hair up everyday untily our next touchup would prevent the breakage.

I agree w/the bolded, and also maybe it's time for some strength, with all the Co washing and DC when do you get a chance to do a protein treatment? it may be time to balance it out.
Sometimes it is worth it to just do the corrector relaxer, when I tried a no-lye relaxer for the first time back in '05 after a 16wk stretch, it was no way that I could go another day w/all that underprocessed NG. After DCing I airdried, went to sleep for about 5 hours and when I woke up I did the corrector w/a Lye relaxer and haven't had a problem.
HoneyDew said:
I get break when I have that much new growth. The only way to prevent it is to relax or wear my hair up. Or I can just wear my hair down and do NO combing (which has me all tangled up if I am not careful).

Since you don't want to do a corrective, I would think that wearing your hair up everyday untily our next touchup would prevent the breakage.[/quote]

Thank you!
Does even the healthiest hair break on occassion?

I mean combing my hair, the majority of the hair in my comb is hair that is shed. I didn't realise breaking until I was looking in the mirror and saw a couple of short pieces.

I don't have any advice, but I popped into say that, yes, I believe even some of the healthiest hair has breakage. If it's mostly shedding you're experiencing, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

seraphinelle said:
I'm going back to natural.... Not my own choice, but I think my hair is choo choo choosing it.

My hair appears to be breaking at a self-imposed demarcation line, which is about 1.5 inches away from the root. I'm guessing this is how much growth I'd get in 2-3 months anyway, and the time that I would relax, but I can't because I only relaxed about 1.5 weeks ago.

I don't want to do a corrective, and I've done a search on breakage stoppage... but man oh man, I'm scurred all my hair is going to break off and i'll be back at square 1.

I just wanted to see if I'll make SL, but now it looks like I won't. Pretty sad, coz that was my ultimate goal. Haven't had SL hair in about 10 years.

I don't comb it when it's dry, I co wash every other day and it's always in a bun.

Clarify wash on sundays. and deep condition.

I don't use heat.

MAN OH MAN.

:(

Sounds like you are doing too much. Remember less is more.

HoneyDew said:

Since you don't want to do a corrective, I would think that wearing your hair up everyday untily our next touchup would prevent the breakage.

This sounds like the best plan of action to me. Sorry to hear about your breakage. It can be discouraging. You hang in there. It is only temporary.

Back