OH DARN!!!!...I'm allergic to Amla!

Lavendar

I have only used it once before with henna. It's a shame we don't get some sign that our bodies are secretly building up antibodies and histamines that are preparing to launch a full attack on us the next time we use a new product. But that's usually how it happens. Rarely does using something the first time cause the reaction, it's the second or third time that you better watch out. And wouldn't you know it, I used it as a face scrub this time.:lol: I thought I would follow Sareca and have some nice, glowly skin. And I do....it looks just like Alligator woman's skin. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Lavendar said:
I have only used it once before with henna. It's a shame we don't get some sign that our bodies are secretly building up antibodies and histamines that are preparing to launch a full attack on us the next time we use a new product. But that's usually how it happens. Rarely does using something the first time cause the reaction, it's the second or third time that you better watch out. And wouldn't you know it, I used it as a face scrub this time.:lol: I thought I would follow Sareca and have some nice, glowly skin. And I do....it looks just like Alligator woman's skin. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Who used Amla as a face scrub?

Oh, no! I am so sorry you had an allergic reaction. PLEASE never use it again, even in your henna! If it makes your face swell, it could cause your airway to close, if you use it again. It depends on how severe a histamine release you have. Did it happen today? Have you taken any Benadryl?

Softresses

ETA: I have read about how Indian ladies use Amla on the face to make the skin soft and supple.

Kimberly said:
oh, no! do you have sensitive skin? I hadn't heard about using it on your face.

Yes, I have dry sensitive skin. But lately I had been having good success with tweaking my skin care regimen and not having a problems. Guess I just pushed the envelope too far. Amla is supposed to be great for the skin. After Sareca mentioned using it, I read up on the benefits it has for the skin. It contains high amounts of Vitamin C, the highest of any fruit, and Vit C is wonderful for the skin. The paste is also a great exfoliant and amla is supposed to really tighten and firm the skin. The recipe I found said to mix with small amounts of hot water until you get a paste. Let that set for 15 minutes. Then gently apply in circular motions to the entire face. Avoid the eye area and do not open your eyes while rinsing this off your face until you are absolutely sure all the grains are rinsed from your face and hairline. (Okay, that's another story I won't go into right now! :lachen: :lachen: ) After exfoliating for a few minutes, let sit for one minute and rinse. Sounded great to me!!! If you are not allergic, it will probably be a great treatment to do every couple of weeks. And I repeat...DO NOT LET THE GRAINS GET ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR EYES! I know now that I'm allergic to it and it did a number on my eyes and skin, but I suspect it will have the same effect on anyone who does not keep their eyes shut tightly while rinsing every speck away. GOT IT???

Alligator woman, signing off......

january noir said:
Who used Amla as a face scrub?

I do. Amla powder makes a great face scrub.

Amla paste is an excellent exfoliating, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial astringent scrub for your face, without the alcohol or chemicals found in commercial products. Amla has high levels of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) which breaks up the top layer of dead skin cells, and bits of amla seed, which gently exfoliate the skin. Mix a spoonful of amla powder and enough hot water to make a paste about the consistency of yogurt. Let that sit for 15 minutes. Scrub your skin with the paste, and wash the paste off after a minute.

I just made some infused Amla oil to prepoo my hair with. Either I’m allergic or used too much Amla powder and not enough of the carrier oils because some of it is running down my neck and omg is it irritating my neck area. My neck is itchy and inflamed. My scalp feels fine though...for now. Ugh!!!

Anything with Amla burns and irritates my scalp. It becomes really inflamed. I stay away from this ingredient.

Back