Official Sabino Moisture Block Video with 4a Model

I'm natural and I love Sabino MB, but to me she looks like she may be transitioning or he doesnt really know how to blowdry natural hair. Either way she has natural roots which is usually the trouble spot anyway. I do appreciate the 'regular' girl but I think it would have come out better if he knew how to do her hair better. I could tell by the way he was trying to style it he was out of his league. Luckily, the product spoke for itself, and although she had a little bit of reversion, you can clearly see it works, especially if you dont sit in saunas all day.

I like the song in Part 1.

I don't like the results of her hair.

I have not been inpressed with Sabino. I really do think it is a rip off. Sorry. I know people love it, but I just don't see how it is so spectacular.

She could have done better in so many ways. And I am never going to believe that some silicone can totally prevent damage from a 450 degree iron. It may slow it down and also may help you straighten better so less heat application is needed. But i am not buying it.

And that is coming from an avid heat user.

HoneyDew, what is your hair texture? I'm a 3C/4A, with a lot of very fine strands. Could that be the difference in our experience? I wonder if it works better with some textures than others. I also am pretty heavy handed with it, I probably use 5 dime size amounts thru 5 different sections and use small sections of hair when I glide the flat iron through.

I've been using it..jury is still out but so far hair hasn't reverted as fast.
my edges are a diff story tho..lol

HoneyDew, what is your hair texture? I'm a 3C/4A, with a lot of very fine strands. Could that be the difference in our experience? I wonder if it works better with some textures than others. I also am pretty heavy handed with it, I probably use 5 dime size amounts thru 5 different sections and use small sections of hair when I glide the flat iron through.

Well, the problem for me is that you cannot apply leave-in before and you have to turn up the heat so high.

Because of that it would never really work for me.

I think I am just against their claims that it totally protects your hair from heat. I just can't see how it can do that.

Well, the problem for me is that you cannot apply leave-in before and you have to turn up the heat so high.

I think I am just against their claims that it totally protects your hair from heat. I just can't see how it can do that.

I think you can leave in some conditioner before applying the sabino. I use nexxus humectress as my conditioner when I use it, but I also leave a little on my hair before adding the moisture block

I use Aveda's Smooth Infusion underneath the MB so I don't see why you couldn't use a leave-in.

I haven't really bought that you need super high heat for it to work, for me, I bump it up to around 400. My ends are fine, my hair isn't damaged.

I doubt I could go into a sauna and not have my hair start curling up again, but I can workout, sweat, and my bangs will stay straight.

Thanks, how long does it last and how does it make your hair feel? Is it soft or does it have a crunchy stiff texture?

It makes my hair feel soft. It also gives it a great shine, although too much and it will look oily and flat. Though by the next day, the oiliness is gone.

I will run the flat iron over my bangs, maybe 3'x a week, to style, but for the rest of my hair it will stay straight until I shampoo again.

At night I twist my hair into a bun, so my hair will not stay bone straight, it gets a wave through it which I like.

I'm not tempted in the least bit to try it...
I've never been impressed by any photos/demos I've seen
To me the hair always looked weighed down and greasy...

It's ok to say no sometimes...

I'm not buying it and this video just made me want to stay away from it even more. So Thanks for posting.

I'm not tempted in the least bit to try it...
I've never been impressed by any photos/demos I've seen
To me the hair always looked weighed down and greasy...

It's ok to say no sometimes...

I'm not buying it and this video just made me want to stay away from it even more. So Thanks for posting.

Your hair is beautiful! You obviously have found a regime that works for you.

For me, my problem with straightening my natural hair is that it would get big and tangle up on me. MB solves that problem for me. So whatever works for you, great.

One key to using this product is not to use too much. A little really does go a long way. I've barely put a dent in the bottle that I have.

One key to using this product is not to use too much. A little really does go a long way. I've barely put a dent in the bottle that I have.

I'm slowly learning how much my hair needs each time I use it. Right now I divide my hair into 4 and put nickle-sized MB in each quadrant.

So far so good :grin:

sorry i just have to add my 2 cents on the video itself (never tried the product, so can't add anything there!) For someone who spent 10 minutes in a sauna this girl comes out awfully DRY!! Not just her hair (which should be equally saturated with moisture) but her face & shoulders as well! Maybe the product is great, but please spare me the tricky "time lapsed" recording & cheesy "reveal"...a good product should stand on it's effectiveness, not such chicanery!

IMHO!

I swear by Sabino. I hated it after the first few tries (relaxed), but I love it now that I'm natural.

But, if I hadn't tried Sabino before and had just this video to go off of, Sabino wouldn't get one red cent from me. Her hair looks raggedy and unkempt. I can't believe they chose her as a hair model for their products.

Ladies who haven't tried Sabino but were thinking of giving it a shot, please do. Just erase that video from your memories and trust the ladies of LHCF :yep:.

I swear by Sabino. I hated it after the first few tries (relaxed), but I love it now that I'm natural.

But, if I hadn't tried Sabino before and had just this video to go off of, Sabino wouldn't get one red cent from me. Her hair looks raggedy and unkempt. I can't believe they chose her as a hair model for their products.

Ladies who haven't tried Sabino but were thinking of giving it a shot, please do. Just erase that video from your memories and trust the ladies of LHCF :yep:.

The video - is honestly- terrible. Her hair needs HELP!!!!!

Look at the hair of ladies here on LHCF... and you will be convinced. Trust me on this.

I'm relaxed and I feel like Sabino still doesn't keep my NG from reverting for a whole week. I mostly like Sabino for the way it locks in moisture. Now with THAT, I can tell a major difference in my hair...feels totally different!

I will be purchasing this as soon as I reach my goal in May. I want to straighten my hair for my college graduation and MB will be a staple.

I just ordered some Sabino Moisture Block this week based on the recommendations this forum. I looked around on the Sabino site, and was a bit surprised at the model used to demonstrate type "4A" hair. I figured someone here would have posted already, but the YouTube videos posted in this thread are not of the same model. http://www.sabinohair.com/MBHowTo02.php

I have yet to try mine but I think I will next week. I just worried about having gooked up weighed down hair..but apparently a few drops means a few drops :lol:

If you're only flat ironing your roots after a roller set do you still need to apply to your entire head or just your NG?

Back