Official List for Front & Sides Challenge...

Lindy

<font color="red"> Lindy, PrincessM, Karonica, Crysdon, Tracy, AmilLion, Babygurl, Cres81, Keez1979, bimbabe, Kedra70, joyous, mizdyzfunctional, Melodee, northernbelle, honeycomb719, debyjay, Chipmunk, ngaa, hairlove, MissM, cutebajangirl, sylviaetc, ccd, Kamilla16, BahamaMama, missykeyana, megonw, silvergirl, erica78, Nyambura, justtogood, hotshot, simplycee, qtpi, Valerie, Vanessa22, Kaela, Skegeesmb, hawaiianhoney, EmeraldSky, henrilou, DelightfulFlame, douglala, Carmenrose, lengthwanted, A_Christian, queenofmean68, asummertyme, ricamorena03 </font>

If I left you off, please let me know so I can add your name to the list... also if anyone else would like to join up, let me know!
smile.gif

At the last update in December, not many members posted... it seems that a lot of you are MIA from the board
ohwell.gif
. If you want to update now, that's fine. I'll also post again for an update in about 3 weeks, for the members who might miss this post.
look.gif

I want to join this challenge. The back of my hair is about 1 inch from brastrap. But the sides are only to my shoulders and I have some front parts that are only to my chin. So I really wnat to work on catching up my front and sides with my back.

My sides are coming in nicely. I am doing scalp massages nightly...daily co washes...and using coconut oil as an all over moisturizer. My front is a little slower...but I haven't really been working on that area as much. I just had a 1.5 inch trim due to some splits...so now they are just above the base of my neck. Since joining in on this challenge...my sides were a little below chin length. Hopefully If i keep up with everything that I'm doing...I will tag on another inch by this time next month.

My sides and front are growing but I am noot doing anything special. I still have some wisps in the front that I discovered after I posted last night. I will start massages. Erica what do you massage with?

I'm all braided up now, so I will know when I take them down again. The last time I saw my sides, February, they were looking great. They seem to be getting longer and thicker. I have been having a problem with the front though and the very top of my head. The hair in this area does not seem to be growing at all
frown.gif
. I'll let you ladies know what's up when I take my braids down again.

Well, I've cut my hair all around, so I'm back to square one, although honestly, I don't care anymore.
laugh.gif
At least now, there isn't a drastic difference between the back and sides, since I chopped a lot in the back.
smile.gif

Okay, here's my April update:

Sides 2 inches past shoulderlength.
This is the longest my side hair has ever been as an adult. No breakage, and no uneven sides.

How is everyone else?

Checking in, Hi Lindy
wave.gif

I have not seen the length of my sides in a while, but I do believe they are 2 1/2 inches past my chin. I have stopped wrapping my hair and I have been in a braidout for the past week. My goal is to not wrap my hair and use my Denman brush in the back only and use my fingers to detangle the sides.

I'm in for this challenge so bring it on!!!

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
This is the longest my side hair has ever been as an adult. No breakage, and no uneven sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's SO great, Skegees!!!!
weird.gif
My front &amp; sides have been shorter than the back hair for as long as I can remember. They're growing out now, but it's a looong, sloooow process!!
look.gif
My front pieces are about lip length now, and I'd say the sides are about 2 ins. from shoulder length...I really can't wait until my front &amp; sides hit shoulder length, and everything is even!!
smile.gif

(I guess that's my update!!
laugh.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
Okay, here's my April update:

How is everyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sane thing for me! Except it is uneven- the left is longer than the right...as usual. It's an inch past collarbone on the left and collarbone on the right.
ohwell.gif

oh, what exactly are you ladies doing for this challenge?! This is one I definitely need to join... is there a regimen, particular product, etc. everyon eis using? I would LOVE to work on getting this dies and bangs to grow out!
smile.gif

It seems that the side i sleep on the most(my right) it groooows. So weird. I have about an inch or so of sideburn on my left but i got like 2-3 on my right. No sense, i dont get this. I took a braid down on my left yday to rebraid my hair and i was like man this feels soo short. I mositurize it all the time like i do w/my other side but some how the right side is quicker. :^P

[ QUOTE ]
MelloYello said:
oh, what exactly are you ladies doing for this challenge?! This is one I definitely need to join... is there a regimen, particular product, etc. everyon eis using?

[/ QUOTE ]

No MelloYello, everyone is doing their own thing... no particular product(s) being used by all... We're all just monitoring the growth of our front &amp; sides, and maybe giving them extra TLC, that's all!!
smile.gif

I'll add your name to the list.
up.gif
Good Luck!!

everything is on target for me. my bangs finally reached 1 1/2 inches below chin, and the sides are 2inches below underarm length.

we'll see, im taking my braids out saturday. i believe i was doing back and sides. the back is doing really well, where there was baby hair in the kitchen is now about 4-5 inches long.i hope it evened out- when i blew it dry a before my braids it was growing on a slant. lets hope the sides do their thang.

The front of my hair is doing fantastic, the sides that's another story. I have one side that is doing relatively well, but the other is not growing as well.

Wow
I forgot I signed up for this challenge.
My front is slowly progressing- it is where I get the most breakage because of the highlighted ends.
My sides are now almost the same length as the back because some sneaky stylists went chopping away to get my hair all evened up.
Overall I am happy with my hair but I wish the growth was a bit faster.

I would like to join this challenge but my real problem ares are the sides and back *kitchen". My kitchen area now touche the bottom of my neck near the top of my shoulders and the sides are about three inches past my ear. Wish me luck and I wish you the same.

ohhh hello
wave.gif
...I didn't see my name before so I didn't post...I was sneaking by
sekret.gif
...but here goes...

I 've been moisturizing with either a creamy leave-in ( Surge woogee mixed with the Surge 14...I used this for about a month, then got tired of the "hard"feeling after 3 says so I switched to my regular moisturizer/ Keracare Jojoba) or a spray depending what the edges look like....I'm focused on my edges and kitchen really....

I've haven't been measuring a all but I notice more of the "little hairs" in the front and my kitchen has Alot more length...I'd say I started out with a 1 to 1'1/2...now its a bit longer than my pinky...3'1/2..i definitely see improvements...I'm going to measure and update more accurately

They're DEFINITELY growing...I noticed alot of my hairs in front peeking out at me last night....I don't know how to describe it .....when I set my hair, the front rollers had longer strands than usual
trampoline.gif
trampoline.gif

and the back part where I have breakage.... I can get it into a pony tail now!!!! YEEEPEEEE .....
ok, sorry I just had to share that

clap.gif
Good for you, ccd!!
smile.gif

I'm happy with the growth I'm seeing on my front &amp; sides as well!!
smile.gif

Anyone who didn't update last month/earlier this month, please feel free to do it now!!
wink.gif

Ok ladies.
How are we doing? I have gained a couple of inches on my sides and back. My kitchen is actually gone past my shoulders now so I am happy. Things are looking up.

I'm doing well on this challenge in large part because of a cut that I got recently. My sides are now closer in length to the rest of my hair, and my kitchen is now one of the longest parts of my hair. The cut helped with getting my bangs and my sides to be closer in length to the back, and my kitchen has been responding to being slathered with a little oil and conditioner after every wash and every other day there after....

I've also been being very gentle back there...

My bangs are now cheek length, the sides range from chin to collar bone, and the back is where my collar bone would be on my back - about shulder blade length. It's still uneven, but the layers are blended better. There's not as much difference in all of the lengths.

Back