October 2017: Hits & Misses

Continued Hit:
Eden BodyWorks Jojoba and Monoi Deep Conditioner- My hair LOVES this! It leaves my hair soft and moisturized. After using it for the past 4 wash days and getting consistent results, it has been promoted to staple status

Tentative Hits:
Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme- Definitely defines my coils and doesn't appear to dry my hair out (even with it having shea butter in it). It will probably be a good product to use for my wash and go puff and has my twist out looking defined and shiny. It may be promoted to staple status if my hair doesn't feel like hay within the next few days

Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Leave In Conditioner- I love a creamy leave in (my hair just responds better to them) and this seems to play well in my hair. Again, my hair isn't dry despite the presence of shea butter.

No problem! Be warned though, scent-wise it smells like Play Doh ( it doesn't linger though). So don't expect to open it and have it smell all tropical and whatnot lol.
@shasha8685
No surprise there.

I bought x2 of the Body Cremes (Fruit Fusion) or something like that during the $5.00 Sale and it smelt the same way, imitation Play Doh (and not even the original) some Dollar Store mess.:barf: And they had the nerve to be 16oz's.

I gave both Jars to ashy coworkers.:giggle:

I do like the Peppermint and Tea Tree Spritz and the Coconut Pomade (not sure of the name)?

Initial Hits:
Cantu apple cider vinegar root relief. This product is marketed to those with protective styles and locs. It claims to soothe itching and refreshes the scalp. It does soothe the itchies within minutes and the relief lasts. I have been in Havana twists for over 2 weeks and used this weekly to ensure that my scalp behaved since I don't wash my hair when it's in extensions. The consistency and performance is like hand sanitizer. Once the gel is applied and massaged into the scalp it dissipates. This product didn't leave any buildup after the two applications and my scalp felt great. I'll report back once I remove these twists.

Curl Origin Argan and castor edge paste. This is marketed as an edge control and strengthener. I have been using this about 3x weekly to keep my edges looking neat and it does a good job at that. What I love about it is that despite multiple re-applications, there is no buildup or ugly residue left behind. I can't attest to the edge strengthening aspects because I don't have an issue with thinning edges. I will also report back once I remove these twists .

APB's Dry oil body spray. Although this is marketed as a body product, I've been using it 3x a week as braid sheen spray in place of the ORS shine spray I normally use when in extensions. This gave great shine and left my hair feeling awesome and not greasy. Another definite must have for when in protective styles.

Continued Hits:
HTN follicle mist and NW21. Both of these are keeping my scalp and hair on point whilst in this protective style.

@shasha8685
No surprise there.

I bought x2 of the Body Cremes (Fruit Fusion) or something like that during the $5.00 Sale and it smelt the same way, imitation Play Doh (and not even the original) some Dollar Store mess.:barf: And they had the nerve to be 16oz's.

I gave both Jars to ashy coworkers.:giggle:

I do like the Peppermint and Tea Tree Spritz and the Coconut Pomade (not sure of the name)?

:lachen::dead:

@flyygirlll2
I saw the Ashiest One Yesterday dipping into her's proudly sitting on her Desk.:look:

She is the one that buys Family Dollar Lotion and ALL things generic and off-brand.

Both Ashy's got the nerve to work in the same Department. I think Ashy #2 took hers home.

If she would have left her's there Ashy #1 probably would have been using Ashy #2 because she's a cheapskate.

@flyygirlll2
And they boff in the same Section/Department.:eek:

I cannot begin to describe the level of Ash:burnup:(and it ain't even got cold yet)

Gurl...You should have seen their eyes when I gave it to them!:love:

Ashy#1 said she was putting it on her Hair too!:laugh:

Damm that’s unfortunate. Folks looking like they can start a bonfire by rubbing their hands or feet together. Sounds like they really don’t know any better than what they’re used to.

@flyygirlll2
I saw the Ashiest One Yesterday dipping into her's proudly sitting on her Desk.:look:

She is the one that buys Family Dollar Lotion and ALL things generic and off-brand.

Both Ashy's got the nerve to work in the same Department. I think Ashy #2 took hers home.

If she would have left her's there Ashy #1 probably would have been using Ashy #2 because she's a cheapskate.
:lachen: :rofl:

@flyygirlll2

:dead:

Major HIT:

81NcUOThioL._SX522_.jpg

Best blow dry everrrrr!!!!

Back